website-hero-image2

2671 Network/Systems Administrator

Location: Vancouver, WA

Description:
We are searching for an experienced Network Administrator who also has some Systems experience as well. We are an iconic Pacific Northwest local brand and we have a huge following and many long-term customers! If you are interested to learn about this great opportunity, we would love to speak with you. Please send your resume to careers@itmotives.com and do know we value and encourage diversity in the workplace and women, minorities, and veterans are highly encouraged to apply. Thank you!

Job Type: FTE

Additional Information:
More about this role:
We are looking for someone to completely own our network. This role requires a mid to senior level Network Administrator who can come into our environment, assess where we are, triage our current issues, and put together a longer-term plan to drive us to the future.

We have historically outsourced our network to an MSP and we’ve decided to transition this back in-house. In your first 30-90 days you’ll own our transition and migration plan of our network back to our corporate data center. Approximately 70% of this role will be networking-based and the other 30% is systems type of work. With this role, you will have a ton of autonomy and authority to be our go-to person for all things networking.

Daily Responsibilities/Day in the Life:
• Establish and implement a network performance monitoring program
• Identify, install, and maintain upgrades to the network
• Troubleshoot and repair company networking performance needs, failures, and necessary functions
• Oversee user access to the network, establishing needed User Access controls for all networked resources
• Update and manage system backups and ensuring proper Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery plans are updated and ready for deployment in case of a business emergency
• Create, update, and maintain a physical library of network topology maps for our entire system
• Create network access policy and protocols, and actively assist the business as new innovations require networked access to ensure overall systems integrity and appropriate controls.
• Manage and provide troubleshoot/support for networked printing and file sharing services
• Provide support and troubleshooting to end users
• Be available for after hours and on-call support
• Take day trips to our customers out in the field to help them with their networking needs

Strategic Responsibilities:
• Be the go-to person for the establishment of best practices for the organization as it relates to all things networking.
• Help plan network infrastructure for new applications and services
• Provide ongoing consultation with business for the purchase/deployment of new network systems as a company or organization needs change, inclusive of cellular extensions to core network and/or networking appliances such as IOT devices.
• Liaison with Cybersecurity/InfoSec company and third party resources related to perimeter security monitoring and threat assessment
• Integrate mobile devices into the organization's networks, both company-provided technology devices and reasonable personal devices, establishing a BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) and onboarding documentation/training as needed.

Your Background:
• Experience in a Windows environment and especially be proficient with Active Directory
• Knowledge and experience with firewalls with a preference for SonicWall firewalls
• Good understanding of network topology in a distributed multi-unit business
• 5-7 years Network Administration
• Experience with Systems Administration
• Ability to interact and communicate with several levels of people within the organization, from upper management to peers to our business partners in the field
• Excellent project planning skills and be able to self-manage and self-motivate
• Have reliable transportation to drive out in the field to work with our customers

Physical Demands:
• Moderate lifting up to 40 pounds and the ability to safely climb ladders while carrying 40 pounds
• Body mobility to stoop, kneel, bend and reach as well as the ability to sit for extended periods of time.
• The ability to move safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces
• The ability to work in extreme weather
• Dexterity to write and manipulate computer keyboard and mouse for extended period
• Ability to hear and speak clearly both in person and via telephone