Location: Portland, OR
We are a mission-driven global humanitarian relief organization that is positively passionate about making the world a better place! We provide life-saving medical care for people in crisis around the world and we are located in Portland, Oregon. This Help Desk role will serve as the first point of contact for our customers seeking technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, software, and Cloud services. If this sounds like the type of organization you could get behind and work for, along with the right type of role you are seeking, then please send your resume to email@example.com. We value and encourage diversity in the workplace, and women, minorities, and veterans are highly encouraged to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: Contract
• Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware, responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests.
• Setting up accounts for new users.
• Provision cloud services and configure resource access.
• Install and configure computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners.
• Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems.
• Install computer peripherals for users.
• Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved.
• Maintain daily functionality of end user computer systems.
• Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
• Provide accurate information on IT products and services.
• Record events and problems and their resolution in the helpdesk system.
• Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team.
• Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures.
• Testing new technology.
• Proven experience as a help desk technician or similar support role.
• Ability to troubleshoot hardware/software problems, and to set-up, install, configure, maintain, relocate, and/or repair desktop and office computer equipment.
• Tech savvy with working knowledge of office automation products and databases.
• Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, and other tech products used in office environment and global field sites.
• Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues.
• Great people skills and the ability to partner with your internal customers.