Location: Portland, OR
You will be working at our Software Center of Excellence located in Downtown Portland. The team is smart, driven, and growing – we need great engineers to help us continue to deliver innovative software solutions for diabetes management. AS a member of our team you will make a read difference in the lives of people living with diabetes. If this sounds like the challenge you seek, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: FTE
You'll be great in the position if:
• You are dependable and committed.
• You believe that good testing is critical to creating good software.
• You prefer working in a collaborative, in-person, team environment.
• You’ve worked with or at at least familiar with one or more web back-ends such as Rails, Node/Express, Scala/Akka, etc. (We use Rails and Scala)
• You can effectively manage your time and are comfortable supporting and coaching others.
• You are a fast learner and love to stay up to date with the latest technology.
Experience that would give you an edge:
• Single page, responsive web application
• You’ve worked with one or more web back-ends such as Rails, Node/Express, Scala/Akka, etc
• You are knowledgeable in cross-browser and cross-platform compatibility
• You’ve worked with medical products or in another regulated industry
Education and Experience Expectations:
• Bachelor’s or Masters degree in a technical discipline
• 3+ years of experience
• We offer competitive salaries, meaningful stock bonuses, health benefits, and a great work environment.
• We encourage you to submit things you’ve built, samples of code, commits to open source projects and cover letters along with your resume.
Plans, designs, develops and tests software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products including cloud-based or internet-related tools. Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs. Using current programming language and technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications. Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
Possesses broad understanding of technical principles and theories. Ability to synthesize external data and research findings for application that may impact technical objectives.
Demonstrates successes in technical proficiency and independent thought. Works on complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
• Exercises good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
• Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.