Location: Eugene, OR
Are you someone that loves being a Scrum Master, coordinating between multiple software engineering teams, and running our many Scrum ceremonies? If you are and want to work onsite in beautiful Eugene, Oregon, then we would love to talk with you! Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: Contract to Hire
You will integrate with 3-4 Scrum pods each consisting of 4-6 team members, with a mix of collocated (Eugene, OR) and remote members. You will provide coaching on Scrum and other Agile best practices, and guide the in-progress work during each iteration.
Some key tasks include:
• Lead your scrum teams and ensure compliance with the software development life cycle methodology.
• Facilitate scrum activities, including sprint planning, retrospectives, daily scrums, and others as needed.
• Promote and ensure adoption of continuous improvement.
• Ensure efficiency and optimize team velocity.
• Manage day to day activities, ensure team mobilization, identify problems, recommend solutions and work with leadership to implement fixes.
• Provide visibility outside of the teams to progress, risks, impedances, or major inefficiencies.
• Serve as an incident response coordinator.
• Administrate and maintain projects and boards with our tracking software Jira.
• 3+ years of experience working on Agile teams.
• 2+ years of two years in the Scrum Master role.
• CSM (Certified SCRUM Master), ACP (Agile Certified Practitioner) or SSM (SAFe Scrum Master) certification.
• Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, TDD, Continuous Integration, Pairing, Automated Testing
• Skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
• Effective leadership, coaching and collaboration skills.
• Proficient English speaker.
• US Citizen.
• Able to work locally from our Eugene, OR office.
Highly Desirable Experience:
• Jira Administrator training or certification
• Experience with GIT, Confluence
• Knowledge of other Agile frameworks like Kanban, XP, Crystal etc.
• Experience with Business intelligence reporting
• Experience with Office 365 tools (Skype for Business, Outlook, Teams, etc)
• Experience facilitating collaboration with remote teams