Location: Beaverton, OR
Our client operates the largest truckload freight marketplace in North America and is looking for a Technical Writer to join their team. Transportation brokers, carriers, news organizations, and industry analysts rely on this company for market trends and data insights derived from 256 million annual freight matches and a database of $65 billion in market transactions.
If you’re interested in this role, please do submit your resume to email@example.com. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: FTE
This Technical Writer is responsible for communicating information clearly and concisely for both technical and business audiences. You will work closely with product management and engineering to help deliver critical concepts to our customers and staff. Help foster one or more of Communities of Practice (COPs), assisting the participants in their understanding and usage of the concepts, tools, and techniques relating to the community's focus.
- Write technical documentation for internal or external developer audiences, such as API reference docs and developer guides
- Design and organize documentation for new APIs and developer products
- Facilitate communication and foster best practices by participating in our communities of practice
- Provide leadership, coaching, mentoring and direction to other team members
- Bring clarity and proofreading to documents written by others
- Coach non-writers on ways to improve their writing skills
- Help company develop a model for classifying software
- Participate in design reviews with teams
- Help interview and provide assessments of employment candidates
- 3+ years of technical writing experience
- Portfolio of at least two writing samples
- Proficient in Agile methodologies and working within a Scrum framework
- Have a high degree of attention to detail, be a self-starter who thrives on responsibility and accountability
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- Along with your resume, attach at least two samples of your technical writing work for the hiring manager to review. Or, include a link to your online portfolio. This will help expedite the process.