Location: Tigard, OR
Our client is a leading provider of integrated solutions for advanced communication systems worldwide and are currently seeking a Production Planner. Innovation, creativity and quality is built into our client's DNA and they offer a rewarding environment in which employees can thrive. If you’d be interested, please send your resume to email@example.com. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: FTE
What it takes: Our client is a growing product-based technology company. The success of these products has resulted in a 10-fold increase in factory production over the last 3 years. The production planner is a new position and comes as a result of this growth. The successful candidate will have the ability to shape/influence the role more significantly than in a more established organization. Our client is committed to producing high quality products for our customers in our local facility.
• Working from a probability weighted forecast and known orders in-house, must be able to forecast needed materials orders to ensure uninterrupted materials flow to the production floor.
• Establish a monthly production plan by customer order and issue instructions to production.
o Detailed analysis of material on-hand/on-order vs production build plan. Identification of shortages.
o Working cooperatively with production, procurement, and engineering to resolve issues.
o Developing detailed monthly plan of kits pulled to the factory floor. Monitoring execution of plan on a daily basis as required to ensure factory has the material required to execute the production plan.
o Modify plan in response to changing customer priorities and/or unanticipated material issues and/or urgent customer requests.
• Assist Director of Manufacturing with manufacturing floor inventory tracking/control.
• Extensive hands-on ERP interaction regarding inventory levels, shortages, and scenario planning
• Coordinate/assist engineering in new product introduction activities
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS REQUIRED:
• 5 years of production planning experience in a technology-based product environment.
• Strong ERP skills including familiarity with MRP concepts and practical implementation.
• Demonstrated capability to work in a technology-based product company. The ability to acquire domain knowledge resulting in an understanding of ‘what a part number is’ and ‘what it does’ is critical to success in this position.
• Ability to work productively as a member of a small cross-functional team. It is a highly interactive environment and excellent people skills, as well as analytical skills, are required.
• Experience with metal fabricated parts, custom cables, and custom circuit board assemblies is strongly preferred.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Accuracy and attention to detail is a must
• Must be able to self-organize workloads and manage all deadlines
Our client requires candidates to be a US Citizen, pass a background check, and pass a drug screen.