Our client's platform was built to meet the evolving needs in the healthcare. They are a small, nimble team that is highly skilled and highly collaborative. They are looking for a Staff Engineer who is a seasoned professional in the art of software product development. Do you have the ability to direct the design and implementation of software utilizing multiple disciplines? Do you have a solid understanding of best practices from real-world experience and continue to stay abreast of industry trends? Do you feel comfortable leading and participating in technical alignment conversations with external partners, while also conveying and collaborating with peers to maintain a successful end-to-end SDLC? If this sounds like you, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We value diversity in the workplace and strongly encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you.
Job Type: FTE
About the role:
• A key trait is a firm commitment to being hands-on with the technical design, implementation, and support of the entire team’s work.
• You take personal and professional pride in the realization of your thoughts and designs into scalable realworld applications.
• You’ve worked with multiple software languages and frameworks in the past, bringing forward the relevant implementation patterns that matter to new or emerging development environments. You enjoy challenging yourself to refine processes and patterns to create “better, cheaper, faster” models of implementation, but with a focus on pragmatic delivery and time-to-market concerns. Your influence can also extend to external partnerships, and you are capable of working with and influencing technical counterparts outside of company.
• Software development, with a focus on influencing platform/capabilities to improved design
• Designing solutions from a blank sheet of canvas, given enough details and success constraints.
• Works with business/technical leads to tease out the critical information needed for successful delivery.
• Keeps a firm balance of implementation of functional needs with appropriate non-functional requirements (the *ilities: Securability,Scalability, Supportability, Extensibility, etc.)
• Working with engineering peers to collaborate on successful delivery
• 10+ Years of working in large scale software engineering organization (experience with Ruby, Node, Postgres ideal)
• Evidence of hands-on software development and delivery on distributed applications
• Large-scale data storage and integration experience (data in motion, APIs)
• Experience with containerized software development patterns (ex: Docker) and associated Continuous Integration/Deployment (CI/CD) patterns and frameworks
• Experience with conversational/interactive dialogue systems (Bots, click-to-chat, messaging) a plus
• Experience in Healthcare integration standards (HL7, FHIR), certification frameworks (HITRUST, FDA) and HIPAA is a plus
• Experience in implementation of cloud-first and DevOps team practices
• Experience in leading engineering organization technical transformation / skills development
• Experience in implementation of secure coding and deployment/hosting practices
Measures of success
• You advance the overall level of delivery success and technical competence with the organization as a whole
• You advance solutions options that balance the desire to innovate with the practical limitations of implementation (time, supportability, predictability)
• You look for opportunities to influence the betterment of the technical platform not by waiting to be told, but instead via collaborative proposal from your experience and intuition and influence of your organization peers and leaders
• You leave work at end of the day with a sense of achievement for yourself and your peers