Location: Portland, OR
If you’re an Android Software Engineer with both Kotlin and Java experience, who is interested in working for a global commerce leader then we would love to speak with you! You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. So if this piques your interest, please reach out to us firstname.lastname@example.org. And do know we value and encourage diversity in the workplace and women, minorities, and veterans are highly encouraged to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: Contract
About the us/team:
We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion. We play an instrumental role in connecting people with the things they need and love, anytime, anywhere. We help deliver a personalized shopping experience and seamless access to inventory from down the street and around the world, as well as tailored shopping experiences, including customized buying and selling. Want to impact one of the world’s largest mobile marketplaces? We are looking for an Android Engineer who is passionate about building apps consumers love. This is an amazing opportunity to join a world leader in mobile commerce and directly impact the lives of a global population of buyers and sellers. Our Android app has millions of daily active users and brings in billions of dollars in commerce transactions every year. Join our Marketing Tech product development - at the intersection of scale, complexity and innovation - to redesign the Native experiences.
We work in small, focused, collaborative project teams following an agile methodology. Multi-functional teams, including product management, product development, quality and UXD, work daily to create a successful product that delights our customers. Working here is a rewarding, challenging and inspiring experience.
• Lead product initiatives, recommend solutions and improvements.
• Provide strong technical leadership, focus on continuous improvement.
• Build highly reliable software solutions.
• Own all aspects of software engineering and product development.
• Partner with other developers, product managers, QA, and operations teams to deliver scalable, fault-tolerant solutions.
• Evangelize, mentor, and promote mobile development standard methodologies throughout the company.
• Practice and enhance industry standard methodologies, such as TDD, design reviews, code reviews, refactoring, CI/CD, A/B testing and experimentation.
• Maintain the highest coding and quality standards - testing at all levels (UI, unit, feature and integration)
• Create test harness/infrastructure/test cases/Automation geared towards ensuring quality of the product.
• Identify and fix bugs and performance issues anywhere along the stack.
• Identify project risks and work effectively to mitigate them.
• Develop industry and product technical expertise.
• Use the Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence) and Slack for team collaboration.
• Promote a culture of "internal open source" where teams can contribute to each other's code bases regardless of organizational boundaries.
• Degree in computer science/engineering or equivalent professional experience.
• 6-10 years of experience in Android Development, developing enterprise Android applications using Java and/or Kotlin - please provide links to published apps.
• Expertise in Java and Kotlin.
• Proficiency working in a layered and modular architecture.
• Proficiency in dependency injection frameworks such as Dagger2.
• Expertise in service integration and design concepts such as (MVC, MVP, MVVM, Data Binding etc…).
• Passion for code hygiene and high quality through automated unit and functional test. Expertise in testing tools such Espresso, Mockito, jUnit.
• Experience with relational databases (SQLite or Room) and NoSQL databases such as Firebase.
• Experience with Firebase platform is a definite plus.
• Experience with mobile application design considerations, visual and interaction design principles for Android apps.
• Excellent communication, presentation, social and analytical skills.
• Experience with Agile software methodologies and TDD, is desirable.
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment and with small and remote teams.
• Go-getter, proven problem solver with outstanding testing and debugging skills.
• Comfortable working with Git in a CI/CD environment.