Location: Portland, OR
If you’re an iOS Software Engineer who is interested in working for a global commerce leader then we would love to speak with you! You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. So if this piques your interest, please reach out to us firstname.lastname@example.org. And do know we value and encourage diversity in the workplace and women, minorities, and veterans are highly encouraged to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: Contract to Hire
About us/the team:
We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of our company—does this sound like you? If so, please read on!
We play an instrumental role in connecting people with the things they need and love, anytime, anywhere. We help deliver a personalized shopping experience and seamless access to inventory from down the street and around the world, as well as tailored shopping experiences, including customized buying and selling.
Want to impact one of the world’s largest mobile marketplaces? We are looking for an iOS Engineer who is passionate about building apps consumers love. This is an amazing opportunity to join a world leader in mobile commerce and directly impact the lives of a global population of buyers and sellers. Our iOS app has millions of daily active users and brings in billions of dollars in commerce transactions every year. Join our Marketing Tech product development - at the intersection of scale, complexity, and innovation - to redesign the Native experiences.
We work in small, focused, collaborative project teams following an agile methodology. Multi-functional teams, including product management, product development, quality, and UXD, work daily to create a successful product that delights our customers. Working here is a rewarding, challenging and inspiring experience.
As an iOS engineer, you should have a depth and breadth of iOS development experience in Objective-C/C++, Swift and XCode, as well as familiarity with the integration of RESTful services.
• Provide strong technical chops, and help us focus on continuous improvement.
• Build highly reliable software solutions.
• Partner with other software developers, product managers, QA, and operations teams to deliver scalable, fault-tolerant solutions.
• Evangelize and promote mobile development standard methodologies throughout the company.
• Practice and enhance industry-standard methodologies, such as TDD, design reviews, code reviews, refactoring, CI/CD, A/B testing and experimentation.
• Maintain the highest coding and quality standards - testing at all levels…unit, UI, integration and end-to-end testing
• Identify and fix bugs and performance issues anywhere along the stack.
• Identify project risks and work effectively to mitigate them.
• Develop industry and product technical expertise.
• Use the Atlassian tools such as Jira and Confluence)and Slack for team collaboration.
• Promote a culture of "internal open source" where teams can contribute to each other's code bases regardless of organizational boundaries.
• 3-4+ years of experience building mobile applications using Objective-C/C++/Swift with Cocoa and other frameworks - please provide links to your apps.
• Expertise in service integration and design concepts such as MVC, MVP, MVVM, etc.
• Passion for code hygiene and high quality through automated unit and functional tests.
• Self-starter and outstanding problem solving and debugging skills.
• Excellent communication, presentation, social, and analytical skills.
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment and with small and remote teams.
• Comfortable working with Git in a CI/CD environment.
• Experience with Agile software methodologies and TDD is desirable