Location: Portland, OR
Are you a passionate engineer with a thirst to build quality software that impacts millions of people? We are the Digital Acceleration team here, and we share your enthusiasm! Our mobile apps and website are used daily by millions of customers. As a member of the DA team, you'll be deeply involved with creating novel features that make customer's lives easier by linking digital and physical shopping experiences. If this excites you, send your resume to email@example.com. We value and encourage diversity in the workplace and women, minorities, and veterans are highly encouraged to apply. Thank you.
Job Type: Contract to Hire
Our team is energized and expanding rapidly- we are on the forefront of the battle for the future of retail. You'll be working shoulder-to-shoulder with a top-notch and diverse group of iOS, Android and services developers. The team is still small enough with a true startup feel, but driven by a Fortune 1 company determined to lead the pack in eCommerce.
We are product focused and expect our fellow engineers to be involved in all parts of the product development from product requirements and design to implementation and testing. We adapt new technologies and our work includes challenges in the areas of security, geolocation, payments, scalability and architecture.
• Develops Innovation strategies, processes, and best practices
• Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
• Ensures business needs are being met
• Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects
• Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design
• Leads the work of other small groups of six to ten engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
• Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
• Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
• Supports business objectives
• Troubleshoots business and production issues
• Utilizes industry research to improve our technology environment
• BS degree in Computer Science or related field and 6 years experience building scalable ecommerce applications or mobile software
• Software development experience in Objective-C or Swift
• Shipped one or more iOS applications which are still available in the App Store.
• Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills.
• BS degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Ability to step out of their comfort zone and use new technologies.
• Experience with unit testing, UI testing and automation.
• Experience with web technologies.