We are looking for a Java-focused Senior Software Developer to join us as a critical member of our Platform Team. In this role, you will design, develop, optimize, and test AWS-hosted applications and microservices in an Agile setting. We would love to talk with you so please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Further, we value and encourage diversity in the workplace and women, minorities, and veterans are highly encouraged to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: Full Time
More about this role:
This position will be full-time remote working with agile teams in Pacific Time Zone. The primary focus of this position is coding creative, scalable distributed software that enhances our products. The Engineering Team has multiple projects that often start at the concept stage and develops new products and/or product features from scratch. Our products are constantly evolving with our client needs – we are not simply maintaining existing products.
This is a full SDLC development position. The Software Developer must be willing to take on all aspects of the development process, and be ready to support applications in production environments. He/she will be asked to test code sets, document software, and implement products and related solutions. Expert knowledge of design patterns and software development best practices is key.
The Software Developer will be tasked with analyzing, identifying, and solving highly-complex issues related to software development and related technologies. As needed, this person may be involved in the mentoring of more junior-level developers on the technical aspects of our products, technology, and related software tools. This developer needs to have a willingness to do whatever it takes to make the products and the company successful.
• BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
• Demonstrated experience working with Microservices, Docker, AWS, Postgres, other NoSQL databases like DynamoDB and MongoDB, ElasticSearch and CI/CD pipelines
• Strong in SOLID principles of object-oriented design patterns, Data Structures knowledge
• Comfortable working with open source technologies is highly preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Master’s or further education or experience in Engineering, Computer Science or other technology-related field
• Experience developing Distributed Systems
• Experience in Agile software development process
• Experience working with AWS ElasticSearch platform
• At least four (4) years of software development experience in Java and Spring Boot
• Ability to collaborate with fully distributed agile teams
• Interest and ability to learn other coding languages, as needed