Location: Beaverton, OR
Our client is one of the local leaders in the Software Consulting business. Your experience as a Lead Software Engineer will be directly helping a major local company achieve and complete their software initiatives. If working in a consultative/agency organization helping to complete projects and creating custom software solutions excites you, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We value and encourage diversity in the workplace and women, minorities, and veterans are highly encouraged to apply. Thank you.
Job Type: FTE
As the Lead Software Engineer, your role on the team will involve providing technical leadership and direction to a team building high-performing web applications. Our team is a highly productive, Agile, eCommerce team, we are looking for experienced candidates who thrive in this type of environment. Your role on the team will include:
• Leads the design and development of a technical solution that meets the needs of the business and aligns with architectural and quality standards, and effectively integrates solutions delivered with adjacent and tertiary solutions/technologies.
• Independently identifies, defines, directs, and/or performs analysis to resolve complex, first-time issues in his or her area(s) of expertise.
• Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems, including coding, testing, debugging, and installing for a small- to mid-scale systems.
• Ensures the effective performance of assigned product(s) and their integration with adjacent solutions/technologies.
• Develops working knowledge of tertiary domains.
• Provides leadership to the product team, delivering a vision for work requirements for the quarter.
• Designs the scope of sprints within the quarter.
• Has the vision for the scope of sprints within the quarter.
• Mentors and develops the capabilities of team members.
• Conducts technical assessments of team members and provides feedback on performance as necessary.
• Conducts technical interviews of candidates as needed.
• Ensures knowledge sharing within the team and across teams
• Conducts complete diagnoses of business problems, working with colleagues in the business to define the scope of the solution and desired outcomes.
• Within the scope of a work assignment, collaborates with the product owner and assists with managing stakeholder expectations and ensuring prompt and complete customer service.
• Functions independently with limited work direction.
• Selects tools and methodologies for the product.
• Commits to deliverables with customers and/or management.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other relevant technology field and minimum of 5 years directly relevant work experience
• 5+ years’ experience with Java development
• Experience providing leadership to a team of developers including providing daily guidance, setting coding standards, and reviewing code
• Experience designing solutions in collaboration with Architecture and the Development team
• Agile experience
• Experience with DevOps practices, including CI/CD (Jenkins or Circle CI preferred)
• Experience working with Cloud technologies, AWS preferred
• Expertise in writing REST APIs using NodeJS
• Infrastructure as code with any of:
• Deep experience with Performance testing and monitoring (Gatling, Benchmark, New Relic, Splunk, etc.)
• Strong commitment to application and data security
• Experience building and maintaining eCommerce sites preferred
Those that tend to do well here
• Work well in team-oriented environments and enjoy collaboration
• Provide technical and cultural “lift” to the team
• Are good at “figuring stuff out” when everything is not well explained or known
• Good with ambiguity
• Understand who to ask and what to ask
• Self-starters who take the initiative
• Able to work independently with minimal guidance