Location: Portland, OR
Our client serves Automotive Dealerships, including Heavy Equipment, Agriculture, RVs and others throughout North America and around the world. Their solutions enhance the customer experience and helps dealers better manage their business. Their priority is to make it easier for dealerships to excel by developing integrated technology that optimizes, streamlines, and assists daily operations, all backed by data derived business insight. If this sounds like the challenge you seek - Please send your resume to email@example.com. We value and encourage diversity in the workplace and women, minorities, and veterans are highly encouraged to apply. Thank you.
Job Type: FTE
We’re large enough to make a difference but small enough for your voice to be heard. This means that we are an organization where every person matters. You can make an impact on the success of our business and that of our customers regardless of what career you decide to pursue.
From data scientists to sales and client service experts, we’re hiring to support your growth and ours - Green light your career.
Our engineering team is looking for talented engineers with a passion for their craft to join our growing team. This is a unique role which will have a material impact on the success and quality of a new software product with enormous growth potential. Our Product is highly visible within the organization and provides excellent growth and development opportunities. If you like fast-paced environments, engineering challenges, participating in key engineering decisions, and want to leave your personal mark on a software product, this team is right for you.
This engineering team works on innovative new software that is used by car dealers to manage their operations, take care of their customers, and interact with the manufacturers. We are building our new software on the foundation of our rich automotive industry knowledge, experience, and current market presence. If you recently ordered a Ferrari, or a Ford, you likely have used at least one of our products!
As a Lead Software Engineer you will help to create our next generation of enterprise class software solutions. If you have worked on bringing a large software product to market, or have a desire to gain this experience, we’d like to talk with you.
Your key responsibilities
· Drive Shared Services design/implementation collaborating closely with appropriate Software Development Leadership, Enterprise Architects, Product and Business.
· Bring in strong perspective and collaborative partnership environment that leads change and motivates engineers to design systems for today, but enable the flexibility, robustness in the system so that it can survive in an ever-changing environment.
· Balance the need for rapid change, with rigor around systems and architectural concerns.
· Implement practices that supports rapid development of platform without compromising the quality.
· Ensure delivery of the requirements on time with quality (functionality, architecture, design, implementation, et al).
· Collaborate with Product, EA and Strategy to design appropriate infrastructure for global platform at scale.
· Maintain services once they are live by measuring, monitoring and ensuring availability, latency, performance and overall system health.
· Drive sustainable incident response, disaster recovery and blameless postmortems.
· Rapidly debug, optimize problems / processes and automate routine tasks.
· Perform hands on development and earnestly / respectfully coach other engineers in the team.
· Foster a culture of technical excellence, continuous learning, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation.
Who you are
· Someone who is passionate about designing, implementing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
· Someone who methodically solves problems with a sense of ownership and drive.
· Someone who has the technical expertise and hands-on skills to partner with team members and be comfortable diving into the fray as and when needed.
· Someone who has the ability to pass on the knowledge and design to team members in a way that they can understand it and complete the work efficiently.
· Someone who has the ability to work in a dynamic and hyper growth work environment.
· Someone who is capable of leading an engaging and fruitful discussion with upper management.
· Someone who has the ability to thrive in a high-pressured but highly customer-oriented environment.
· Someone who has the ability to contribute to multiple projects/demands simultaneously.
· Someone who has the ability to grasp and assimilate unfamiliar technologies quickly and be comfortable implementing / evangelizing them.
Your Tech skills
· Proficient with Spring, SpringBoot, Hibernate, etc.
· Proficient with performance and scalability analysis.
· Strong database skills (SQL, NoSQL).
· Experience with AWS (Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB, S3, SQS, SNS, IAM).
· Experience with modern web UI frameworks (i.e. React).
· Experience with Git, Atlassian stack.
· Experience with Terraform, Splunk, monitoring and alerting systems.
· Experience with Okta, OAuth and other authentication schemes.
· Familiar with unit and integration testing frameworks.
· Familiar with Selenium framework.
· Experience with OpenAPI Spec.
· Experience with OAuth 2.0 flows.
Plus, if you have experience with
· Experience designing, implementing and managing fault tolerant platforms / solutions with 999+ availability in public cloud infrastructures - AWS, Azure and/or GCP.
· Experience with Apigee.
· Experience with RabbitMQ.
· AWS Solution Architect certification.
· Experience collaborating with offshore teams.
In the next few years our goal is to completely revolutionize the entire car buying process for the dealer, the consumer and all other parties involved. Imagine being able to research, select, negotiate, get financed and have your dream ride delivered to your door, all from the convenience of your couch! No other company can put together the end-to end experience we can. And this is our primary focus at this point.
We pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
We know you have passions outside of work. You have family, friends, sporting events, and lots of things going on. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to not only take care of you but your family as well. All of our benefits are effective the first day of employment including 401K matching, paid time off to re-energize, donate your time to volunteer in your community, and tuition reimbursement to name a few.