Our client's platform was built to meet the evolving needs in the healthcare. They are a small, nimble team that is highly skilled and highly collaborative. They are looking for a Software Engineer with a specialization in Cloud/Data technology. Do you have the ability to direct the design and implementation of software from multiple perspectives? Do you have a solid understanding of best practices from real-world experience and continue to stay aware of industry trends and the balance of hype versus benefit? Do you feel comfortable leading or participating in technical alignment conversations with your delivery partners, while also conveying and collaborating with peers to maintain a successful end-to-end SDLC? If this sounds like you, please send your resume to email@example.com. We value diversity in the workplace and strongly encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you.
Job Type: FTE
The Software Engineer (Data/Cloud specialization) will aim to develop great products, and ensure that modern software development frameworks and methods are applied to pragmatic benefits.
• A key trait we seek out in prospective Software Engineers is being committed to remaining hands-on with the technical design, implementation, and support of the entire team’s work.
• You take personal and professional pride in the realization of your thoughts and designs into scalable real-world applications.
• You’ve worked with multiple software languages and frameworks in the past, bringing forward the relevant implementation patterns that matter to new or emerging development environments.
• You enjoy challenging yourself to refine processes and patterns to create “better, cheaper, faster” models of implementation, but with a focus on pragmatic delivery and time-to-market concerns.
• Your influence towards greater success is felt by your peers, and enjoy collaborating with your technical and business counterparts to solve new challenges, but don’t shy away from implementations that are not solved immediately and look to ensure that existing assets retain their currency.
• Software development with a focus on scaling data events for both intake and publication from our platform
• Evolving platform capability to improved design for event-based features, including internal processing pipelines, and external platform subscribers (ex: via webhooks or other pub/sub)
• Drives best practices for technical and operations/support of data as a core managed asset
• Designing solutions from a blank sheet of canvas, given enough details and success constraints.
• Works with business/technical leads to tease out the critical information needed for successful delivery.
• Keeps a firm balance of implementation of functional needs with appropriate non-functional requirements (the *ilities: Securability, Scalability, Supportability, Extensibility, etc.)
• Working with engineering peers to collaborate on successful delivery
• 8+ Years of working in large scale software engineering organization (experience with Ruby, Node, Postgres ideal)
• Evidence of hands-on software development and delivery on distributed applications Experience with moderate-to-large scale data storage and integration experience (data in motion, APIs)
• Experience with modern data shaping, publication and warehousing methods and platforms (DaaS - Data as a service)
• Experience in Healthcare integration standards (HL7, FHIR), certification frameworks (HITRUST, FDA) and HIPAA is a plus
• Experience in implementation of secure coding and deployment/hosting practices
• Experience with containerized software development patterns (ex: Docker) and associated Continuous Integration/Deployment (CI/CD) patterns and frameworks
Measures of success
• You advance the overall level of delivery success and technical competence with the organization as a whole
• You advance solutions options that balance the desire to innovate with the practical limitations of implementation (time, supportability, predictability)
• You look for opportunities to influence the betterment of the technical platform not by waiting to be told, but instead via collaborative proposal from your experience and intuition and influence of your organization peers and leaders
• You leave work at end of the day with a sense of achievement for yourself and your peers