Location: Portland, OR
We’re a Portland-based tech company on a mission to build meaningful, lasting relationships between customers and companies by turning loyal shoppers into shareholders. We are looking to welcome new members to our Software Engineering team, and the primary focus of this role is to design, build, maintain, and expand our backend platform and data science capabilities. If this sounds like you, please send your resume to email@example.com. We value and encourage diversity in the workplace and women, minorities, and veterans are highly encouraged to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: FTE
More about this role:
We’re building something great to help turn everyone into an owner and partner with brands that are passionate about relationships with their customers. After all, it's not about us. It's about customers—as we call them, “owners” —and the brands they love, loving them back.
Along the way, we make the (traditional, sometimes stodgy) stock market more approachable, understandable, and—dare we say it—fun.
We are looking to welcome new members to our Engineering team. The primary focus of this role is to design, build, maintain, and expand our backend platform and data science capabilities.
- Working well with our team is extremely important. Understand our company cultural values, have a voice, respect other’s opinions, and collaborate
- Design and build scalable micro-services
- Integrate with third-party APIs and services
- Manage and design data-driven solutions that support financial transactions (i.e. electronic trading)
- Contribute and provide feedback to other team members, collaborate with your team to design, deliver, request, review, and achieve common team goals
- Work with our product team and multiple business customers to understand business problems, create user stories, and build appropriate solutions
You may be a good fit if you:
• Have 5+ years experience programming with distributed systems or microservices
• Possess an applied knowledge of system observability via monitoring, metrics, alerting and tracing
• Enjoy working in a cloud-native world using AWS or GCP
• Contribute to large code bases in Java, Kotlin or Go
• Understand the unique traits of working on SaaS platforms held to high standards of availability, latency and throughput
• Grasp stream processing using tools like GCP PubSub, Amazon Kinesis, Kafka, Beam or DataFlow
• Experience with NoSQL databases like Cassandra, BigTable or DynamoDB
• Value automated testing and deployment through CI/CD
• Sincerely enjoy communicating and collaborating with a thriving team of engineers on a daily basis
• Think of yourself as someone who wants to be a part of a growth stage startup
• Take pride in creating simple, readable and maintainable code
• Possess experience working in financial services or other regulated industries
We're not looking for someone to check all of these boxes. This is meant to be a high level guide for you to decide if the position might be a good fit. We value diverse backgrounds and lifestyles and encourage you to apply even if you don't match all the criteria above.
What to expect
On your first day you will be paired with a peer engineer who will facilitate a smooth onboarding experience, answer any questions you have, and point you in the right direction for guidance or advice. We will assist you in getting your code to production within your first two days. Over the course of your first month, our team will help you to understand our product, company goals, codebase, technology, and culture. Inclusivity is a core value; we are all excited about our positive social mission and building an amazing product together.
Candidates need to be located in the Portland, OR metro area. Unfortunately, we cannot support fully-remote employees or relocation services at this time.