Location: Beaverton, OR
We are looking for a passionate, knowledgeable, and dedicated employee to work for our client who is a leader in the audio industry. This company realizes that people are the most important asset. They create innovative, industry-leading products that are just plain cool. You've probably heard their products work wonders — in airports, arenas, courtrooms, Houses of Worship, theaters, universities, corporations, and conference centers. Around the world, around the clock, their equipment is delivering, managing and enhancing the sound. If you’re seeking a dynamic and engaging workplace, this is where you belong. If you’re interested in this role, please do submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: Contract
The Firmware Engineer, who will be located in Beaverton, OR, is responsible for embedded development in C. In addition to development skills, general engineering and team work skills are highly desired.
Summary of essential job responsibilities
· Write Linux application software using C and C++ (primary)
· Collaborate with team members to develop effective RESTful APIs and client interfaces for system data
· Stay current on development techniques and advise team members as to appropriate use, and tradeoffs
· Develop and test code developed for software
· Write clear documentation.
· Work effectively with a small team
· Fix defects discovered during the development process
· BSCS, BSCE, BSEE or equivalent professional experience
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Self-motivated and driven for success, though also able to take direction
· Methodical approach to problem solving with careful attention to details
· Able to juggle multiple responsibilities concurrently while continuing to meet deadlines
· Must have a passion for understanding how audio products work
· C++ Programming
· Audio experience