Location: Portland, OR
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who has experience with microservices, Cloud (AWS), and DevOps, along with someone who has a testing type of mindset. We’re using all the latest technologies and solving some very interesting problems that matter to humankind. If you’re looking for a splendid opportunity, we would absolutely love to talk with you so kindly do read on. Further, if you want to work for a company that helps others with their health and wellness, then please send your resume to email@example.com. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: FTE
Your background and mindset
You are excited about the opportunity to engage in developing and implementing a top notch consumer mobile and web validation infrastructure. You have a strong ability to multi-task, quickly adapt to new development environments and changing business requirements, learn new systems, create reliable/maintainable code, and find creative and scalable solutions to difficult problems. As a critical thinker with a natural curiosity to learn our customers’ business, you will use your strong development skills to train development and product engineers to extract user scenarios from conversations; then support translating the findings into automate-able test plans.
General Functions and Outcomes
• Drives testing initiatives from ideas to technical architecture, design, prototype; can oversee implementation, delivery, and maintenance
• Explores novel approaches to create new test frameworks, automation and infrastructure to streamline testing
• Able to influence inclusion of testability into the software design
• Works across development and product teams to architect and support implementing integration testing strategies for mobile, web and micro-services
• Leads cross-functionally work with DevOps, Development and Product Engineering teams
• Assesses and represents end-user impact of issues, shaping key product decisions
• Supports development teams to automate unit, functional and system-level tests
• Provides oversight through code and design reviews for features delivered by other developers
• Defines and drives quality metrics to track progress and improvements
• Senior experience in software development and testing
• Experience in integrating test plans within and across clouds with focus on functional, business, complex scenarios, high impact projects, usability, and accessibility performance, resiliency, and setting up scalable infrastructures
• Experience working on tools and infrastructure challenges involving CICD pipeline validation, large scale backend distributed services, and observability functionality
• Experience monitoring product and/or feature-level quality health metrics (testability, test health, test coverage, etc)
• Experience in mobile and web applications to include backend service integration
• Significant hands on experience using Cucumber (Ruby&JS)
• Experience creating end-to-end integration automation (API and UI) within complex organizations
• Experience designing and developing automated solutions on cloud computing infrastructures (AWS and GCP) to help guarantee system stability
• Able to lead large multi-discipline teams (5+) for complex work efforts which includes estimating, coordinating, tracking progress, inspiring others to complete tasks on time, assisting with resolving issues and creating status reports. Creates a climate where people want to do their best. Can motivate and empower others on work teams.
• Work primarily performed in office environment.
• Travel may be required, locally or out of state.
• May be required to work outside normal hours and/or provide on call service.