Location: Remote (the company is in Salem)
Our client is one of the largest providers of textbook rentals. Their organization is focused on real-time analysis of available market data to perform tens of thousands of pricing operations each minute. They are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to work closely with the Engineering team, lending their Operations skills to our DevOps practice If you’d be interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: FTE
About the job:
Your primary missions will be to leverage your AWS knowledge to provide infrastructure guidance as well as keeping the CI/CD pipeline running smoothly. Your secondary objective will be to work with the Engineering Manager, Senior Software Engineer, and Product Management team to plan for the correct infrastructure which meets the strategic needs of the company.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Recommend infrastructure for new systems; audit existing infrastructure and provide recommendations as needed
• Design, implement, and maintain new or existing build, deployment, and configuration management solutions
• Actively troubleshoot issues related to their area
• Establish and maintain DevOps best practices
• Participate in growing team standards, patterns, and practices
• Participate in the Agile process
• Give and receive critical feedback in a constructive and cordial manner
Minimum Job Requirements
• 2+ years of DevOps Experience
• B.S. degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field.
• Strong experience with Infrastructure as Code
• Strong experience composing solutions with AWS Services
• Strong experience with Azure DevOps pipelines or similar build server products
• Strong experience with GIT Source Control
• Outstanding troubleshooting skills
• Passion for learning their practice; current on industry trends