Location: Portland, OR
Our client is a leading provider of integrated solutions for advanced communication systems worldwide. They are seeking an experienced systems engineer with a track record of delivering complex multivendor solutions from concept to market. You have in-depth experience in designing, configuring, and maintaining distributed IT services with a focus on compute and storage. If you’d be interested, please send your resume to email@example.com. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: FTE
This position involves working hands-on to develop products with a tight-knit, cross-functional engineering team in the Tigard office. They’re developing solutions to enable compute and communications functions in tactical/man-portable form factors that were previously only possible in the datacenter. Products are used by military, emergency responders, and forward-looking commercial enterprises worldwide.
• Evaluates technologies for inclusion in company Integrated Solutions
• Integrates technologies from 3rd parties with technologies to create compelling demonstrations. 3rd party technologies may include hardware, software applications, virtual network functions, hypervisors, radios and other wireless transport technologies, peripherals, cybersecurity tools.
• Represent company with customers and partners as a subject matter expert in edge compute, storage, hyperconvergence, cloud and hybrid cloud technologies. Must be able to communicate complex technologies to all levels and backgrounds.
• This is a senior engineering position blending hands on engineering work with internal and external team collaboration while managing assigned task scheduling.
• Builds and executes basic test tools to assess performance
• Reviews technologies to assess if they can meet DoD requirements for interoperability, security
• Interfaces with technical staff from 3rd parties to resolve technical issues
• Conducts demos at trade shows, customer visits, and online
• Transitions technology to network engineering and QA departments, including training, handover, and assisting as needed.
• Under guidance from management, work with other departments to source assistance and expertise on existing solutions.
• Develops and manages demonstration system development to hit schedule targets, reports on progress routinely. Identifies roadblocks or needed resources early to ensure schedule success.
• Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS REQUIRED:
• 5+ years Systems Engineering, Network Engineering, or IT experience required
• Must be capable of attaining at least a DoD Secret clearance.
• Extensive experience with Virtualization, Storage, Network and Systems Integration
• Experience with Hyperconverged Infrastructure as well as traditional NAS and SAN is required.
• Experience with Microsoft Windows and Windows Server required
• Experience with Linux required
• Experience with PC hardware and troubleshooting required
• Experience with Networking Devices required (Switches, Routers and Firewalls)
• Experience with VMware Vsphere (ESXi) in a production environment required
• Experience with VDI strongly desired
• Experience with Containers and Orchestration strongly desired
• Industry recognized certifications strongly desired:
o VMware VCP
o Cisco CCNA/CCNP
o Microsoft MCSE
o Security+, CISSP
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Independent Professional that can perform job assignment with limited supervision
• Ability to lift and carry 35 pounds of test equipment at least 40 feet
• Attention to detail and quality orientation a must