Location: Portland, OR
Located in Portland, Oregon, our client is looking for a DevOps Engineer. They have been recognized several years in a row by the Oregonian’s top workplaces. If this sounds like a good fit for you, we would love to talk with you so please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We value and encourage diversity in the workplace and women, minorities, and veterans are highly encouraged to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: FTE
The DevOps Engineer helps our development teams produce better quality software at a consistent and frequent rate using version control, continuous integration and deployment, and configuration management. This engineer develops, maintains, and optimizes the production application environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Plan, develop, and maintain integration and deployment processes for the software, data, and business intelligence teams.
• Administer development tools such as git repository, docker registry, and wiki.
• Work with development and ops teams to enable swift and accurate error and performance reporting.
• Set up and administer staging and production environments, both on-premises and on the cloud.
• Plan and execute migration of services and databases from on-premises to the cloud.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Good planning and organization skills
• Ability to set up cloud application environments from scratch using modern technology and best practices
• Ability to write clean code which is easy to read and maintain
• Strong requirements gathering skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Good troubleshooting skills
• Ability to provide accurate time estimates for own work
• Ability to handle multiple projects at once and prioritize urgent issues
• Ability to create effective and complete documentation
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
• Skilled with scripting languages such as Bash, Python, or Groovy
• Familiarity with migrating application environments from on-premises to AWS
• Experience with containers
• Expert knowledge of networking and web hosting technology, including Apache and Nginx
• Familiarity with release engineering for SQL Server databases
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in related field is preferred.
• 4+ years of experience in software development, with at least 1 year in DevOps, Release Engineering, or similar role.