Location: Portland, OR
Are you are a passionate Systems Engineer who is excited to support internal customers using your innate problem-solving ability? This position involves working hands on with products in a low volume engineering and production environment. This is an excellent opportunity for an IT/Systems Engineer with demonstrable experience producing written procedures. Come join this passionate team that believes in attention to detail, customer focus and a passion for technology and problem solving. If this sounds like you, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We value and encourage diversity in the workplace, and women, minorities, and veterans are highly encouraged to apply. Thank you.
Job Type: FTE
Our client designs, manufactures and integrates hardware and software systems that enables rapid deployment of enterprise-class communications anywhere in the world. Intuitive and wizardbased, IQ-Core Software simplifies setup and enables management of these complex deployed networks by users with limited training. Their systems are used in mission critical environments including military and disaster recovery. These systems demand the highest possible levels of quality.
• Produce and support hardware/software systems for Marketing, Sales, and End Customers
• Integration, test and troubleshooting of hardware, software and networking for products
• Define and implement procedures/scripts for configuration and testing of systems
• Ability to write and create documents and procedures for internal and external users.
• Responsible for quality levels maintained in products
• Performance requires physical attendance
• Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS REQUIRED:
• 5+ years network or systems engineering in a production environment experience required.
• Professional experience writing code to automate IT functions required. Python, PowerShell desired; Perl, C#, C++, or Java considered.
• Experience with Microsoft Windows and Windows Server required
• Experience with PC hardware and troubleshooting required
• Hands-On Experience with IP Networking and Networking Devices required (Switches, Routers and Firewalls)
• Experience with VMware Vsphere (ESXi) and Linux strongly desired
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Independent Professional that can perform job assignment with limited supervision
• Ability to lift and carry 35 pounds of test equipment at least 40 feet
• Accuracy and attention to detail and quality orientation a must
• Must be able to self-organize workloads and manage all deadlines