Location: Portland OR
We are looking for a Senior BSA to work closely with the business, our IT partners, and a variety of external vendors. We need someone who also has ERP experience (key for us) as we’re getting ready to replace our current ERP. If you’re interested in being a big fish in a little pond and like working for smaller companies…about 30 people in technology for example, this organization could be a great fit for you. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and do know we value and encourage diversity in the workplace. Women, minorities, and veterans are highly encouraged to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: Contract to Hire
Part of your role will be to solicit, understand, and document our customer’s business requirements, processes and workflows developing written requirements and process flows. You would also provide guidance in the areas of business process modeling, technical requirement, software development, integrated systems, and project management.
You would work in coordination with Application Development, Operations and IT management to assure that the solutions designed and built meet business objectives and are technically sound.
The role is also responsible for coordinating events and activities with business stakeholders and technical personnel to facilitate identification and documentation of business requirements, as well as for implementation of solutions.
And because you’ll work with so many different departments…from sales to customer service and even up to the C-level suite, great communication skills is huge for us!
• Receives and evaluates incoming project and support requests for information technology and acts as the primary customer interface for evaluation of those requests.
• Develop and maintain understanding of customer workflows and business needs.
• Organizes, leads, and participates in work sessions and follow-up activities to support the gathering and documentation of solution requirements as needed.
• Develop and maintain understanding of ERP and integrations needed, provide configuration support.
• Manage multiple competing priorities through effective organization and communication.
• Provides oversight with design specifications, workflows, needs requirements gathering, and technical deliverables of projects managed by other team members.
• Serve as a liaison between IT Development, outside vendors, business staff, and other stakeholders and partners.
• Work with Development, SQA, integration and system configuration teams to communicate, verify, and test the desired functionality changes.
• Provides project management for assigned projects including deliverables, documentation of solution requirements, specifications and needs assessments.
• Mentor and train other BSAs, contractors, or staff as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology (IT), Business, or closely related field
• 10 years of experience in business systems analysis.
• Experience with complex server and cloud-based projects.
• Experience with ERP systems.
• Ability to clearly communicate concepts and ideas to a variety of audiences both verbally and in writing.
• Experience gathering and managing business requirements, technical requirements and system design.
• Ability to write basic SQL to self-serve for data analysis.
• Knowledge of business process improvement best practices, principles, and skills.
• Demonstrated ability to understand technology and provide alternative solutions as needed.
• Excellent listening skills and the ability to translate user requirements into system specifications.
• Ability to work in a demanding fast paced environment with multiple deadlines.
• Advanced skills with Microsoft Office.
• Advanced skills with Jira, or a similar ticketing system.