Our client has helped students rent and buy textbooks affordably since 1999. They are passionate about helping students, employees, and members of the community reach their full potential through education. They are looking for a Data Engineerto help architect and develop our evolving data platform. The Data Engineer role will be part of our growing data team, interfacing closely with software engineering. If you are a highly independent worker and have excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, this is the job for you. If you’d be interested, please send your resume to email@example.com. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: FTE
About the Role:
While based out of Oregon, this position is open to fully remote candidates.
About the company:
Everyday this company uses millions of transactions and TBs of data to make education affordable to students. As a member of a small but growing data team, you will be working closely with business partners, and software engineering teams playing a key role in the design, build, and maintenance of data pipelines and OLTP data stores; providing timely, accurate, and reliable information to all aspects of the business. As we incrementally improve and expand our business, you will be building new systems from the ground up, or replacing legacy systems outright, free from supporting legacy code bases.
What You'll Do
· Build and maintain business critical OLTP and OLAP systems.
· Translate business requirements into technical specifications.
· Participate in all design reviews and requirement sessions, as required.
· Understand database design, programming concepts, cloud architecture patterns and data modeling.
· Communicate ideas to both technical and non-technical people in all levels of the organization.
· Create or update technical documentation for transition to support teams, including data flows and transformations.
· Design, develop, and test data pipeline solutions and automate data loading processes.
· Design and implement data models to support transactional, reporting, dashboarding, and integration needs.
· Develop automated data audit, testing, and validation processes.
· Stay up to date on ever evolving technologies.
What You'll Bring
· 3+ years of data and/or software engineering experience.
· Expert SQL skills and database ETL/ELT
· Development experience with Python
· Experience with public cloud solutioning (i.e., AWS (preferred), Azure, GCP).
· Developing streaming data flows (i.e., w/ Kafka, AWS Kinesis, AWS SQS, Spark Streaming)
· In-depth knowledge of relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MSSQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g. DynamoDB),
· Preferred Experience:
o Experience in delivering solutions based on Agile principles
o Experience with Kubernetes / containers