In this role, you will serve as a data and analytic consultant for various functional business areas by collecting and analyzing operation and financial data, presenting your findings on any trends, and assisting business leaders with forecasting. So if you would be interested in working on this gig for this client of ours in Portland, Oregon, please submit your resume to email@example.com. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: Contract
* Keen analytical and problem solving skills.
* Proven ability to document business requirements.
* Solid oral and written communication skills.
* Advanced knowledge of B2B operations, data sources, data structures within business areas.
* Data Visualization experience in an enterprise business intelligence platform (Power BI, Tableau, Looker, etc.)
* Experience manipulating data in MS Excel
* Some experience with Structured Queries or Elastic Search (SQL, Jira Query Language, Salesforce Object Query Language)
* Some exposure or experience navigating Customer Relations Management Software (Salesforce, etc.)
* Knowledge of data mining tools and methods (SAS, OLAP) including server reporting services (SPSS, Minitab, Tableau).
* Knowledge of analytic programming tools and methods. (SAS, SQL, OLAP, Business Objects, Crystal)
* Proven ability to design and develop reporting tools and dashboards.
* Business sense (finance, accounting, economics, risk management, public health economics, social service research or epidemiology).
* Ability to organize, plan and prioritize assignments within multiple projects.
* Must be able to work with minimal direction and be very flexible to coordinate complex activities that are often subject to rapid or extensive changes.
Additional Minimum Requirements for Data Reporting Analyst
* Demonstrated success with project management.
* Advanced oral and written communications skills.
* Proven ability to perform difficult analytical tasks with minimal supervision.
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above:
* Data Reporting Associate would have a bachelor’s degree in mathematics, actuarial science, statistics, computer science or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Data Reporting Analyst would have a bachelor’s degree in mathematics, actuarial science, statistics, computer science or related field and 3 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
General Functions and Outcomes
* Provides analytical support to any or all divisions of the organization by mining data, conducting analysis, and interpreting results related to business needs.
* Develops methodologies and approaches to new tasks and projects through design and development of analytical models and reports.
* Proactively identify issues and concerns to management.
* Develops knowledge of health plan operations, health plan data sources and structures, and cost containment strategies.
* Identifies problems or needed changes, recommends resolution, and participates in quality improvement efforts.
* Identifies needed reporting, assembles or directs the assembly of reports and distributes such information.
* Performs acceptance testing of new reports, programs and models.
* Documents business requirements and methods used to generate work output.
* Drives analytic innovation and best practices.
* Actively identifies and eliminates inefficient or ineffective use of resources and provides recommendation on process improvements.
Additional General Functions & Outcomes for Data Reporting Analyst
* May supervise the gathering and analysis of information.
* Serve as a resource on analytic programming tools and methods.
* Reviews data as it relates to health plan operations to assist with the development of cost containment strategies.
* May assist in training of other team members.