Location: Vancouver, WA
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer. This is an opportunity to get involved early in a project and contribute significantly to the development of restaurant technology. You will be working closely with App Developers and a Business Insights team to build data-driven mobile and web applications with extensive analytics around kitchen operations. We make smart products for kitchens and our focus is automated kitchen workflow and business insights for commercial kitchen operations. We help make restaurants more efficient and more profitable. We’re a small but growing company. Our employees work in small teams and need to manage their time and plan tasks to meet deadlines. There is a great deal of autonomy, and trust here. Please send your resume to email@example.com. We value and encourage diversity in the workplace. Women, minorities, and veterans are highly encouraged to apply. Thank you.
Job Type: FTE
What you'll do
• Design, build, and deploy efficient data pipelines
• Design, implement, test, and maintain data architecture
• Work closely with App Developers to build data driven mobile and web applications
• Provide database views to the Business Insights team
• 5+ years of experience in data engineering, building data warehouses and data pipelines.
• Extensive experience with enterprise databases, specifically SQL and highly normalized relational schemas. SQLite and NuoDB experience are a plus.
• Strong software development skills in at least one of the following: Python, Java, C#, C++. Test driven development is a must.
• Solid AWS knowledge (EC2, S3, EFS, RDS, DynamoDB, Lambda, Redshift, Kinesis), with hands-on experience deploying and enhancing cloud infrastructure. AWS certification a plus.
• Experience building large scale, data-driven applications including elements like real-time streaming, batch data aggregation, data modeling, data cleaning, anomaly detection and bulk ingestion.
• Experience with distributed data-processing systems.