Location: Portland, OR
You’ll be working at our Software Center of Excellence located in downtown Portland, in this UI-focused Software Engineer role. The team is smart, driven, and growing -- we need great engineers to help us continue to deliver innovative software solutions for diabetes management. As a member of our team you'll make a real difference in the lives of people living with diabetes. If this sounds like the challenge you seek, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: Contract
As a Software Engineer you'll help us develop modern web-based applications to help patients and healthcare professionals manage diabetes.
You'll be great in the position if:
- You enjoy making web software with simple, refined user interfaces that are accessible to all types of people.
- You feel comfortable with basic relational database concepts (SQL)
- You’ve ideally worked with one or more web back-ends such as Rails, Node/Express…we use Rails
- You’re able to not just build web applications, but also help deploy and manage them…we use things like Docker, Kubernetes, AWS & Google Cloud Platform
- You are knowledgeable in cross-browser and cross-platform compatibility.
- You believe that good testing is critical to create good software.
- You prefer working in a collaborative, team environment and have the strong communication skills necessary for effective teamwork.
- You enjoy working with others in person.
- You can effectively manage your time and are comfortable supporting and coaching others.
- You are a fast learner and love to stay up to date with the latest technology.
Experience that would give you an edge:
- Experience with Ember or interest in working with Ember. If you don’t have Ember, then ideally you’ll have Rails experience (and want to work in Ember).
- Experience creating medical products or working in a regulated industry.
- Around 3 – 8+ years software development experience
- Experience with a Web Backend Language/Framework (e.g. Ruby/Rails, Scala/Play, Python/Django, Elixir/Phoenix, etc.) is a plus
- Experience building and consuming APIs is a plus
- Knowledge of relational databases (SQL) is a plus
- Experience with Docker and understanding containerization is a plus
- Experience with a Linux based web hosting
- Strong communication skills