Location: Beaverton, OR
Our client is one of the industry leaders in the Electronic Freight Matching Business. Your experience as a UX Researcher will be directly helping goods and products get transported all over the nation and beyond. You would be working with a bunch of very sharp people who are empowered by management. They have a beautiful office specifically designed to be collaboration friendly. If this is the kind of position and company you’d be interested in - please send your resume to email@example.com. We value and encourage diversity in the workplace and women, minorities, and veterans are highly encouraged to apply. Thank you.
Job Type: FTE
The User Experience Group is part of our Product Development and Technology team and is responsible for delivering user experience on multiple platforms that are responsive, scalable, and of the highest quality. We use the Agile development process, and value employees who foster collaboration between team members.
The Sr. UX Researcher will work as part of a team that will translate business needs and requirements based on in-depth user research. This is an opportunity to work across mobile and web-based products for our extensive professional offerings. This individual must have excellent communication skills and the ability to successfully interact with end users, internal stakeholders, UX design team, product managers, software developers and project managers on a daily basis. This individual is responsible for conducting extensive user research using both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies.
• Work closely with UX and PM teams; use research methodologies to discover and validate user needs to highlight different market opportunities.
• Gain actionable insight using qualitative research methodologies such as in-depth interviews, ethnography, contextual inquiry as well as quantitative research via surveys, card sorting exercises etc.
• Work at both strategic and tactical level in applying user research into the product development process.
• Conduct both lab-based and remote testing, iterative concept, prototype testing, and present findings and recommendations.
• Elicit insights from behavioral data and usage analytics and present findings in a format that can be shared with cross-functional teams.
• Stay up to date on latest tools and technology available for user research and usability testing.
Required Skills and Qualifications
• 5 - 7 years user research design experience.
• A bachelors or masters degree in Psychology, Human Factors, HCI, Cognitive Engineering or related field.
• A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables that highlight the UX research process.
• Solid working knowledge of formative & summative usability research methods
• Ability to apply research & metrics from sources such as market research and usage analytics to provide recommendations that inform the design and product strategy.
• Exceptional communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills.
• Ability to empathize with end users and stakeholders, communicate complex concepts clearly.
Experience in the Following a Plus
• 2 years experience researching and testing user experience for mobile applications on major smartphone platforms (Android, iOS).