Location: Portland, OR
We are looking for a full-stack Lead Senior Software Engineer on the Microsoft stack to join our downtown Portland development team. In this role, you will build the next generation of features for our product, the charter aviation industry’s most popular web application for flight quoting and scheduling. We would absolutely love to know about who you are, and so if you’re interested, please send your resume to email@example.com. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: FTE
Who are we looking for?
You are the right person for this role if you:
- Have experience or interest in MVC, JQuery, and KnockoutJS (other JS frameworks are ok too but we use Knockout).
- Have a proven track record of leading projects, mentoring other members of your team, and researching and integrating new tools and technologies into your work.
- Thrive when writing code for the full stack: business objects one moment, database scripts the next, UI code after that.
- Know your way around agile software development. We tend to follow Scrum, but aren’t religious about it.
- Care about automated testing (NUnit and Jasmine experience are a plus).
- Have recent experience with source control and bug tracking software (we use Git and Jira).
- Are an independent self-starter who isn’t afraid to ask questions.
- Communicate well. With offices in multiple time zones and multiple countries, this position requires strong written and verbal communication skills.
This is why we like it here:
- Interesting products mean interesting projects to work on. Flight management is a tricky business, and we all enjoy the challenge of helping our customers manage their flight schedules, pilot rosters, and aircraft fleets.
- Our products are used around the world – we’re proud of that.
- Business aviation is kind of a glamorous industry, but we’re a casual, laid-back office: we get along well, eat breakfast as a team once a week, eat lunch together frequently, and enjoy an occasional beer and MarioKart tournament.
- We care about the business and the business cares about us: we have a good relationship with management, sales, and support. We’re all in this together.
- We’re small: that means a flat management structure, fewer meetings, and frequent opportunities to impact the software we develop.
- Software is our thing, but so is raising a family, rock climbing, watching baseball, or (insert your thing here). We have lives outside work and we work hard to keep it that way.
What else should you know?
- This is a full-time, salaried position in our downtown Portland office.
- Sorry, telecommuting is not an option; we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
- Employee benefits are 100% paid and include health, prescription, dental, short- and long-term disability, and life insurance. Benefits also include a generous vacation/holiday policy, 401(k), and profit sharing.