Location: Portland, OR
Job Type: FTE
Responsibilities & Requirements
• Bachelor’s or advanced Degree in Computer Science or closely related field
• 8+ years professional experience in software development
• Experience leading a team of developers to build complex features that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
• Strong debugging, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
• Proficiency with Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design and analysis
• Experience developing distributed systems and REST based microservices
• Familiarity with Linux development environment
• Familiarity with reporting and analytics is useful
• Familiarity with AWS services is a plus
• Knowledge of front end technologies and framework such as Ember.js and React
• Experience with systems and software architecture
• Experience is building and running microservices in J2EE and/ or NodeJS platform.
• Experience with Behavior driven development is a plus
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions to non-technical audiences.
• Ability to propose and evolve designs with Principal Engineers and Architects.
• Can deal well with ambiguous, undefined problems; ability to think abstractly and turn abstractions into results.