Location: Portland, OR
As a Software Engineer, you will collaborate within an Agile team where you will work directly with other Software Engineers, SDETs, Product Managers, and Project Managers. We all have areas of specialization, but each software developer is free to contribute at every level of the technology stack, ranging from the UI and services to business logic and data access. If you’re interested, please submit your resume to email@example.com. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: FTE
More About Us:
Our developers are passionate craftspeople. We are deeply interested in scalable, distributed development. We embrace agile development and love shipping code in every iteration. We like finding better ways to work. We continually improve what we do and how we do it.
People on our team are always learning about technology, our customers, and our business. Our customers’ experiences are just as important as the way we code and test. We encourage a culture of creativity and collaboration where anyone is safe to pitch ideas and voice concerns.
We are a proud "alt” .NET shop. We love C#, but we love lots of other things, too. We use AngularJS, Service Stack, Mass Transit, RabbitMQ, SQL Server, MongoDB, and a host of other tools and technologies. We foster an environment that encourages healthy, respectful debate to get the best solutions to the problems we encounter, or to find opportunities to push us forward.
If you want to make a real impact at a thriving, growing company in downtown Portland, if you want to be at a place that wants to hear your ideas and expects you to bring your best each and every day, a place big enough to provide interesting challenges but small enough where you can make a meaningful difference, we'd love to talk with you!
Helpful Skills and Experience
Does the description below sound like you? Then we'd love to talk!
· You've contributed to commercial software projects (post-release support and maintenance experience are great, but not absolutely necessary)
· You’re experienced and demonstrably confident in one (1) or more of these areas:
o Application Tier: C# and .NET, RESTful web services, windows services, messaging systems (MSMQ, RabbitMQ), enterprise service bus (NServiceBus, Mass Transit)
o Data Tier: Relational databases, SQL, stored procedures, NoSQL data stores, key-value stores, document stores (to be clear, this is a development role, not a DBA position)
· You’ve helped to build distributed, scalable, SaaS systems
· You write unit tests as a routine development practice
Our Technology Stack
Here are some of the more important technologies in our stack. However, if you have experience in a similar or related technology, it’s probably worth talking with us!
· HTML5 and CSS3.
· C# and .NET version 3.5 or later.
· Enterprise service buses and messaging frameworks such as Mass Transit and NServiceBus.
· Relational databases, including the creation of database objects (schemas, tables, views, etc.), writing ad-hoc queries, and creating stored procedures. DBA skills are not required.
· NoSQL data stores, including MongoDB, Redis, and Cassandra.