Location: Portland, OR
We’re looking for a seasoned Developer that has an interest in providing leadership to a small up and coming Development Team. You will be a driving force of technical knowledge and inspiration to help bring our products through production. Our organization is one of the leaders in the On Line Text Book and Course Industry. Located in the heart of The Pearl District in Portland, we believe strongly in Open Source Technology and using the power of community to help others. Our textbooks and on line course materials are targeted for those needing financial relief from the cost of a traditional textbook, we make educational materials more accessible to everyone. Besides lovers of Open Source we strongly leverage the Cloud and AWS. Our office has a beautiful open floor plan and our core values are centered on Commitment, Generosity, and Success. If this excites you please send your resume to email@example.com. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: FTE
We build tools around Open Educational Resources (think open source course content) that dramatically reduce student costs. No more buying textbooks!
You will build software that will be used by course designers, teachers, and students to make educational content more accessible to everyone.
Create new features and help maintain our Rails and PHP applications while helping the whole development team improve their technical skills.
• Own implementation of larger development projects
• Break down technical projects for team work and help other team members implement them
• Help improve security and stability of existing apps
• Mentor the team to spread technical skills and ownership
• Mentorship attitude towards team work
• Experience developing large production web applications
• Desire to take ownership of projects and processes
• Strong communication skills and desire to work in team environment
• Desire to keep learning
• Experience technically managing large development projects
• Ruby/Rails development experience
• PHP development experience
• Experience with various AWS systems
• Familiarity with web security best practices
• Git familiarity
• Mentorship experience
• Being in Portland