Location: Portland, OR
Our partner is looking for a Quality Assurance – SDET with experience doing BackEnd Testing and working on a Cloud Platform. They are one of the leaders in the SaaS based Automated Digital Marketing space, providing services to mid-size marketing departments. As a part of this team you will be driving the on-going development and expansion of their enterprise to a global community of marketers by helping provide best of breed content management, media delivery, reporting and analytics. Working with this group you will help yourself stand out while enabling your customers to stand out. Are you passionate about cutting-edge technology? Do you enjoy the fast pace of an Agile/Scrum environment? We are looking for the best and the brightest to join our team of world class technologists. We are a diverse bunch, really passionate about our work but we have fun too, our hobbies span the imagination. Sound like a fit for you? Join us in making the most exciting new products in Marketing Automation. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: FTE
We're looking for experienced Quality Assurance -SDET to work with our software engineering team on our core products and services in our fast-growing SaaS business. Our engineering team is agile and fast – as a part of our QA team in downtown Portland Oregon you will work alongside our engineers in our highly collaborative environment. You will be responsible for automated test case development; test execution; test result reporting along with defect investigation, bug report creation, progression, and verification of fixes in our evolving agile environment.
The ideal candidate:
- Passionate about testing and test automation – especially for dynamic Web-2.0 & cloud based applications
- Maintains strong test discipline and best practice within a flexible agile development environment
- Passionate about working closely with software engineers at a peer level and can effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Strives to understand the customer perspective and develop customer-driven test strategies
- Has that that 'keep picking at it' quality that shows she/he has "the tester gene" – willing to go beyond a surface test case to determine root causes
The ideal candidate has the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a software engineering related field
- 2+ years software testing or development experience, or 5+ years of experience in lieu of a Bachelor's degree
- Experience testing web applications on multiple browsers, ideally in a SaaS environment or Experience in testing Web application back-end systems and data layers (Postgres, Cassandra, MapR, Web API solutions)
- Knowledge of NodeJS or similar microservice architecture
- Experience with open source test automation tools such as Protractor/Jasmine, Selenium (Java) and jUnit/TestNG
- Experience writing and executing test plans and all other associated test deliverables
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills