Location: Portland, OR
Our partner is looking for a Quality Assurance – SDET. They are one of the leaders in the SaaS based Automated Digital Marketing space, providing services to mid-size marketing departments. As a part of this team you will be driving the on-going development and expansion of their enterprise to a global community of marketers by helping provide best of breed content management, media delivery, reporting and analytics. Working with this group you will help yourself stand out while enabling your customers to stand out. Are you passionate about cutting-edge technology? Do you enjoy the fast pace of an Agile/Scrum environment? We are looking for the best and the brightest to join our team of world class technologists. We are a diverse bunch, really passionate about our work but we have fun too, our hobbies span the imagination. Sound like a fit for you? Join us in making the most exciting new products in Marketing Automation. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: FTE
We're looking for an Associate Quality Assurance SDET to work with our software engineering team on our Node.js microservices in our SaaS business. Our engineering team is agile and fast – as a part of our QA team in downtown Portland, Oregon you will work alongside our engineers in a highly collaborative environment. This is an entry level software development position with primary duties focused on test automation.
The ideal candidate:
- Passionate about automated testing
- Maintains strong test discipline and best practice within a flexible agile development environment
- Passionate about working closely with software engineers at a peer level and can effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Understands that the value of an automated test framework is the tests it executes.
- Passionate about learning new technologies
The ideal candidate has the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a software engineering related field
- 1+ years software testing experience, or 3+ years of experience in lieu of a Bachelor's degree
- Experience automating the testing of Node.js applications
- In-depth knowledge of test automation frameworks (JUnit, TestNG, WebDriver, Protractor, Jasmine, Spock, etc…)
- Knowledge of Angular and/or Java
- Experience with one or more of the following (Mongo, MapR, Cassandra, Postgres)
- Familiarity with underlying test infrastructure for web microservice architected applications (Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible)
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills