Location: Lake Oswego, OR
This privately held organization has been a pioneer in the embedded medical device industry enhancing the quality of life for millions of individuals living with cardiovascular disorders. The company is dedicated to the design and construction of implantable medical devices for cardiac rhythm management. With more than 30 years of experience, their growing success is based on strong core values – innovation, excellence and reliability, thus enabling them to inspire confidence and trust in doctors and patients all over the world. If you desire to work for an organization where you can feel good about the mission and core values and help create something that literally gives life to others, please send your resume to email@example.com. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: FTE
This Software Engineer position works primarily in the development of software applications that verify in automation, the software for implantable medical device programmers. Develop other utilities in support of the automated verification including working with 3rd party tool API, web based tools, etc. The successful candidate will also be able to contribute to designing frameworks to support test automation using design patterns and sound OO design concepts. The candidate will also have the ability to work on diverse issues, providing sound judgment within generally defined practices and policies.
• Participate in all phases of the SDLC process, including requirements definition, analysis and design
• SW development with test frameworks and application to develop sophisticated automated tests for external medical device software
• Ability to apply sound OO principles along with SW design patterns and practices desirable
• Ability to develop algorithms to solve complex problems – be able to understand and extend designs or come up with new design approaches.
• Responsibility includes contributions to test frameworks and tools, test design, documentation, test development/maintenance and test procedures
• Ability to review design documentation and code generated by other engineers – C#, C++
• Execute tests to ensure conformance of code to requirements
• Generate and maintain the appropriate work products
• Review product design documents and programmer software
• 5+ years of software verification experience with considerable experience in creating and maintaining automated tests
• Advanced knowledge of, and development experience with C#, C++ or Java
• Experience working with configuration management, test management and defect tracking tools
• Ability to lead projects, manage assignments and schedules at project level preferred
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio development environment
• Experience with software lifecycle processes in a medical device software or other highly regulated environment.
• Experience with Test automation, Quality assurance desirable
• Experience with Android, iOS and Window mobile environments desirable
• Familiarity with HP ALM, NUnit, MKS Source Integrity, MKS Integrity Manager and ReSharper are a plus
• Cardiac Rhythm Management and Neuro Stimulation knowledge preferred
• Comfortable working with internal contacts within the team as well as cross-functional teams in other parts of the company
• Good written and oral communication skills expected.
• Bachelor/Master in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering required
• Experience with cross-platform mobile development/Xamarin a plus