Location: Portland, OR (The Pearl)
We’re looking to add thoughtful problem solvers with people skills to our engineering team. The team is small, nimble, highly skilled and collaborative. We are working to deliver better healthcare outcomes for our growing populations, while reducing costs. We practice code-based prototyping, RSpec test development, and pull request code reviews (ticket tracking, acceptance testing, etc.) to produce high-quality code and improve our products. Please send your resume to email@example.com. We value and encourage diversity in the workplace and women, minorities, and veterans are highly encouraged to apply. Thank you.
Job Type: FTE
· Work on all aspects of our platform, from Patient chat experience and Rules Engine that drives it, to Dashboard product which Providers use to monitor performance and view reports.
· Work directly with Product and Content teams to implement new features and client integrations.
· Work with senior members of the team on areas you want to improve.
Requirements and Qualifications
· 2-4 years’ experience as Software Engineer
· Familiar with the Ruby programming language, and preferably experience implementing a project with Rails.
· Familiar with PostgreSQL, Chef and AWS deployments - important but not required.
· Professional industry/domain experience
· A willingness to adopt our development practices - We use a light style of Agile, review pull requests, and write test code.
· Will help us drive Quality Engineering through collaborative practices
· Can self-manage; when given a goal, can focus and create
· Cares about our clients and patients, not just the code
· Willing to keep learning new tools and languages
· Cares about doing good work; likes to improve practices
· Able communicator; willing to help teammates make informed choices
· Able to work constructively in a group
· Can help provide leadership but not egocentric