Location: Portland, OR
We are looking for Senior/Lead QA Engineer to champion quality initiatives in a cross-functional team environment, defining and executing tests that ensure the product meets requirements and user expectations. We are a start-up that is growing, fun to work at, and has great leadership! If you’re interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We value and encourage diversity in the workplace and women, minorities, and veterans are highly encouraged to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: FTE
Join an emerging Software Development organization as they begin the process of becoming a post-startup. You will report to the CTO and the rest of Engineering Group consists of around 7-8 Developers and a QA Engineer. This organization is primarily creating Mobile Apps.
· Someone that can build processes and the team – They need a "Builder." There is no formal process for how QA works with Dev and vise versa, it needs to be built or created.
· Tools - can lead the effort in picking & selecting the Tools needed.
· QA owns Deployment and will have the final say on releases.
· Run the team/manage the team and Lead the hiring process.
· Engineering is about 11 total so they currently work as one quasi Agile Team - they work on what needs to be done, so in that way they're still in start-up mode.
· They don't have a lot of automation in place but they would like to layer that in as part of the growth plan for Engineering.
· For now - would need to a be a contributor but the CTO will allow the candidate to decide how much and when. On Work Break Down Structure the CTO says: "I’ll give them the latitude -- here is what to do, how do YOU want to get there?"
· If all goes well, this person could become the QA Manager or more, so this opportunity has excellent growth potential.
What we seek or expect
· Experience with Web & Mobile Testing, including Web APIs, iOS & Android
· Knowledge of SQL, Python, PHP, Ruby is helpful
· Knowledge of tools like Postman, Wireshark, Charles, Xcode, and Android Studio
· Work closely with Development and Product Management to identify requirements and create testing strategies
· Develop test plans and ensure acceptance tests verify the functionality and quality desired by users
· Help investigate and track defects and issues, and work with developers to reach resolution
· Lead the delivery of clear and concise feedback on defects, usability, and other test results
· Coordinate with team members to ensure full coverage on releases
· Evangelize and implement QA best practices
· Become a product expert and source of knowledge to others within the team
· Troubleshoot, reproduce, and document technical customer issues across our product suite, and across a variety of web and mobile environments
· Lead and mentor others as needed, helping to provide direction for professional growth.
· Help shape the strategy for the growth QA into the future including recruiting and hiring new team members as needed.
· 5+ years of QA testing experience across web and mobile products, preferably in an agile environment
· BA/BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or similar technical degree or equivalent experience