Location: Remote (HQ in Rochester, NY)
We are looking for a passionate, knowledgeable, and dedicated remote software quality assurance engineer to work for our client who is a leader in the audio industry. This company realizes that people are the most important asset. They create innovative, industry-leading products that are just plain cool. If you’re seeking a dynamic and engaging workplace, this is where you belong. If you’re interested in this role, please do submit your resume to email@example.com. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: FTE
The Software Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for testing, integration, and validation of new products. The SQA Engineer role plays an important part in our Company’s product development process. Responsible for designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements.
- Test application (GUI) software in conjunction with networked audio/media systems running embedded software.
- Test interaction scenarios with finished hardware devices.
- Develop and document strategies for efficient testing and debugging of our products.
- Create and execute detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meeting client needs.
- Maintain internal QA-specific information systems to track quality assurance metrics (bug tracking, test servers).
- Verify defect fixes, including regression testing of appropriate related areas.
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of experience, knowledge and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related subject or equivalent education and experience.
- Must possess a minimum of 4 years work experience as a SQA Engineer.
- Prior AV experience is highly desired as well as digital video.
- Prior test writing experience.
- Experience testing embedded software desired.
- Knowledge of Python Scripting desired.
- Basic understanding of networking (ISO model, switches, routers, TCP/IP, Telnet/SSH)
- Methodical approach to problem solving with careful attention to detail.
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities concurrently while continuing to meet deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and SharePoint).
- Possesses excellent verbal and written skills in English.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and is able to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and diffuse challenging situations using acceptable and appropriate methods.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.