Location: Beaverton, OR
We are looking for a contract QA Engineer who is knowledgeable and passionate about creating test plans and test cases. If you have great communication skills and thrive in a fast-paced casual agile environment with fun people, then this financial company may be a great fit. This company realizes that people are the most important asset. They create innovative, industry-leading products that are just plain cool. If you’re seeking a dynamic and engaging workplace, this is where you belong. Please submit your resume to email@example.com. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: Contract
Develop, implement and document test plans, test cases to evaluate web-based software applications, and verify that products conform to established standards and meet customer use requirements. Ideal candidate will have extensive experience in black box testing in an Agile development environment, ability to quickly obtain or clarify story acceptance criteria and create test plans and scenarios based on acceptance criteria. Candidate must have SQL skills to set up test case scenarios and interrogate the results.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create test plans and test cases for happy path and negative cases during development cycle and execute test plans.
- Tests new development/defect fixes and coordinates user testing with development team, products owners and QA Manager to ensure quality standards are being met.
- Analyze system and business requirements for testability, derive test cases and test data.
- Assess readiness and deviation of project performance based on results of testing and business specifications.
- High collaboration with the development and business teams for understanding and possibly obtaining requirements and to assist with defect resolution.
- Leverages tools to improve test consistency, test coverage and test velocity.
- Participates in project meetings to review requirements
- Plans and prioritizes test scripts to ensure critical components of the application are being tested
- Challenges requirements and design; recommends alternatives to QA management
Identifies possible risks within a project or release
GOALS FOR FIRST 30 DAYS:
- Reliably create test plans and test cases according to testing policy and practices.
- Reliably coordinate and navigate multi-tier test environment with competing code bases and other testers.
- Stage test data across multiple environments and troubleshoot when data is altered unexpectedly. Staging data will require using SQL to stage data base data and/or using UI and/or SOAP tools and/or REST tools to create test conditions.
- Create a repeatable method (manual process is sufficient) for obtaining and maintaining test customer accounts as basis for test execution. As stated above, these test accounts may be altered by other processes.
- Complete testing on 1 week development cycles
- Fluency in using QA Complete (test case management tool) with folder structures as determined by QA team.
- Evaluate story acceptance criteria and work with product owners to determine and document acceptance criteria as required.
- BS in CS/EE/CE or a related technical specialization; or equivalent work experience.
- Three or more years of industry experience testing Internet and enterprise software products.
- Hands-on experience working with Microsoft technologies, including Windows client and server operating systems, SQL Server, and applications developed using .NET, ASP.NET and C# and creating SQL scripts.
- Working knowledge of SQL operations.
- Financial services industry experience preferred.
- Ability to extract and abstract the core essence of complex workflow and execution scenarios.
- In-depth understanding of product verification and validation techniques.
- Working knowledge black box testing techniques.
- Experience with agile and iterative development lifecycle techniques.
- Function effectively as an integral part of agile teams that includes representatives from engineering, operations, customer service and program management.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively in person, in writing, and in front of audiences with all levels of management.
- Handle multiple time demands in an interrupt-driven environment.