Location: Beaverton, OR
Our client is one of the local leaders in the Software Consulting business. Your experience as a QA Engineer will be directly helping a major local company achieve and complete their software initiatives. If working in a consultative/agency organization helping to complete projects and creating custom software solutions excites you, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We value and encourage diversity in the workplace and women, minorities, and veterans are highly encouraged to apply. Thank you.
Job Type: FTE
• Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
• Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
• Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
• Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
• Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
• Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
• Monitor debugging process results
• Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
• Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
• Passionate about quality and testing.
• Maintains strong test discipline and best practices within a flexible agile development environment.
• Work closely with software engineers at a peer level and effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
• Strive to understand the customer perspective and develop customer-driven test strategies
• Willingness to go beyond a surface test case to determine root causes
• Recommend and incorporate new ideas and best practices to the Quality Engineering practice
• Fluent in working in Scrum/Agile teams
• Leadership skills in developing quality processes Functional Testing
• Familiar with the SDLC and where QA and testing intercept with each of the different phases
• Fluent with the ability to create test assets and test plans from requirements or story acceptance criteria
• Fluent with different types of tests: valid, invalid, boundary, etc.
• Fluent in creating regression test beds which could then be translated into any test management system
• Fluent in defect management
• Fluent in requirement collection / asking questions
Familiar with the performance testing process (example: load and soak) Technology Skills
• Familiar with the process to build/run a .Net application through Visual Studio
• Familiar with the process to build/run a Node.JS application through the console and NPM commands
• Fluent with using GIT for pulling, building, and testing applications locally
• As a plus: Familiar with working with either AWS or Azure and testing in the cloud
Those that tend to do well here:
• Work well in team-oriented environments and enjoy collaboration
• Provide technical and cultural “lift” to the team
• Are good at “figuring stuff out” when everything is not well explained or known
• Good with ambiguity
• Understand who to ask and what to ask
• Self starters who take the initiative
• Able to work independently with minimal guidance