Location: Portland, OR
The Backend Engineer is responsible for developing and maintaining backend APIs that support our core consumer and enterprise-level mobile applications. They will work closely with the Mobile and Engineering teams to help define, develop, and support initiatives that drive key business goals and objectives. If this piques your interest, we’d love to hear from you! Please send your resume to email@example.com. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: Contract
More about us:
We’ve created the #1 nurse app in the United States and rolled out our SaaS solution to hundreds of nurse managers. Now we are ready to go even further. Our product team is looking to add a Backend Engineer to help us achieve our goal of becoming the must-have mobile app and Cloud-based schedule management software for nurses everywhere. If you want to work with a fast-paced development team that has proven its success – but still has many goals to achieve – then we look forward to talking with you!
- Develop, deploy, and maintain APIs for production-level mobile applications
- Collaborate with the Mobile team in designing new features/workflows and iterating upon existing features/workflows
- Provide detailed API specifications and support for the mobile engineers
- Consistently improve upon legacy APIs
- Work closely with the Engineering team to ensure pattern and systems alignment across the platform
- Collaborate with the Engineering team to debug and improve lower-level systems and patterns (data strategies, deployment systems, etc.)
- Engage with the Customer Success team to help diagnose mobile-specific user issues and feedback
- Seasoned experience with PHP - can make an IMMEDIATE contribution.
- Proven experience shipping production-ready, mobile-facing APIs
- Experience working closely with product and engineering teams to deliver performant and flexible APIs
- Proven ability to navigate and iterate upon existing APIs and platform systems
- In-depth understanding of supporting a wide variety of clients, network conditions, and legacy application versions
- Demonstrated efficiency within a fast-paced and autonomous product development environment
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Experience integrating with external APIs and/or data sources
- Exposure to native mobile application development tools and workflows (Swift, Java, React Native, etc.)
- Systems administration/development operations experience (Unix, Chef, Ubuntu, etc.)
- Experience setting up and maintaining AWS infrastructure
- Working knowledge and/or interest in other server-side languages, frameworks, or database systems (Ruby on Rails, Node.js, MongoDB, etc.)