Location: Portland OR
If you’re an Engineering Leader, and you still like to make a contribution, and want to work for an organization who works in the Renewable Energy space, we would be very interested in talking with you. Further, our client truly believes in a work life balance, and an open minded approach to technology. If this sounds like you, we would love to talk with you so please send your resume to email@example.com. We value and encourage diversity in the workplace and women, minorities, and veterans are highly encouraged to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: FTE
Overview of Role
The Enterprise Applications Manager develops the enterprise application architecture and roadmap for our business systems and coordinates and supervises all activities related to the selection, design, development, implementation, maintenance, and support of these systems ensuring excellence in functionality, response time, stability and availability.
This role leads and manages the Business Systems IT team, ensuring the efficient and effective use of our systems to fulfill business objectives. This role serves as the enterprise application architect and as a technical authority within the IT team and across the organization. This role also coordinates with the Infrastructure team in evolving our applications infrastructure, ensuring that it is scalable and flexible and will continue to meet our evolving application architecture in support of business needs.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities
· Develops and manages the implementation of our enterprise application architecture.
· Leads, manages, mentors and provides day-to-day oversight of the Business Systems IT team of Software Engineers, Systems Analysts and Data Warehouse Analysts. Includes interviewing, hiring, training, assigning and managing work, and guiding the development of employee work plans
· Provides technical leadership and mentoring of staff.
· Defines application design and development standards in support of a robust software life cycle and manages the documentation and adherence to those standards.
· Performs hands-on technology evaluations and builds proof-of-concept designs.
· Researches emerging technologies and tools and creates assessments of key benefits and risks of changing technology.
· Influences technology decisions and direction.
· Acts as a solution architect in partnership with line of business staff.
· Develops and manages productive relationships within IT and with business leaders and staff.
· Reviews existing application, infrastructure and data architectures, performs code reviews, and recommends changes to address identified issues.
· Manages and assists the team in the resolution of complex development, enhancement and support issue and in the design, development, testing and implementation of business systems to support business users’ needs and in alignment with our IT strategic plans.
· Ensures prompt resolution of all service requests and regular communication with users during the resolution process.
· Leads creation, maintenance and regular testing of failover and disaster recovery plans.
· Manages proactive response to business system outages to ensure minimal impact to business continuity.
· Performs all functions of the job in a safe manner.
· Supervises and directs the work of software developers, business systems analysts and data warehouse analysts including employees and contractors.
· Bachelor’s degree (computer science, information technology, or related field) – or equivalent experience – preferred.
· 7-10 years of progressive IT-related technical experience.
· 5-7 years of hands-on software design and development experience.
· 3-5 years of experience overseeing the direction, development, and implementation of an enterprise application architecture.
· 3-5 years of previous experience leading and managing a team of software developers and business systems analysts.
· Strong experience as both a developer and manager on teams working in an Agile development environment.
· Experience with DevOps pipelines and continuous build and deployment methods.
· Broad knowledge of technologies and tools with ability to technically lead and manage staff in their projects.
· Strong experience with various software requirements definition, development and quality assurance methodologies.
· Strong knowledge of database architecture and design.
· Exceptionally strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Strong experience in successfully communicating technical concepts to both technical staff as well as non-technical business users.
· Experience managing budgets and forecasting future needs.
· Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
· Customer service and skills experience. Must be able to interact with a diverse workforce and be comfortable working in culturally diverse settings and groups.