Location: Portland, OR
Our client develops SaaS solutions that simplify the business of research administration, helping universities, and scientific research organizations work smarter. They pursue this vision with an approach that values fresh ideas, initiative, collaboration, having fun on the job, and pleasing customers. If this sounds like the challenge you seek - Please send your resume to email@example.com. We value and encourage diversity in the workplace and women, minorities, and veterans are highly encouraged to apply. Thank you.
Job Type: Contract
We’re looking for inspired, talented professionals to help us with our ambitious growth plans. We have a strong backbone of customer and employee focused values that lead to a great working environment. With a strong financial foundation and several new products under development, it’s an exciting time to become a key member of our growing team.
Attributes for Success
· Energetic and ambitious
· Passion for finding creative solutions to complex problems
· Strong sense of ownership
· Natural inclination to collaborate
· Design, code, test, and maintain software solutions of moderate to high complexity
· Designing/developing web, software, prototypes, or proofs of concepts
· Resolve defects/bugs during QA testing, pre-production, production, and post-release patches
· Work cross-functionally with various teams: product management, quality engineering, and across various product lines to deliver
· Contribute to the design and architecture of the project
· Participate in agile planning and execution operating mechanisms
· 5+ years of experience developing, maintaining, and innovating large scale web apps and services.
· Strong experience with Java, Spring, and Hibernate server application, and its design patterns
· Strong experience with unit testing & Test-Driven Development (TDD)
· Strong understanding of software design & architecture
· Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM, or Extreme Programming methodologies
· Experience with relational database technology
· Experience with Spring Boot and AWS
· Solid communication skills with demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
· BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience