Location: Beaverton, OR
We’re a high-end consulting firm in the Portland metro area, and we are in search of a Java Application Engineer to work with our various business partners to perform analysis, technical documentation, coding, installation, and ongoing support. You'll collaborate with our business and technical teams to define business problems in detail and establish functional, data and technical activities, including conceptual system design, technical design and documenting detailed specifications. In addition, you'll diagnose issues and ensure technical solutions meet performance and quality requirements in production. If you’re interested in this fantastic opportunity, please send us your resume to email@example.com. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: FTE
• Bachelor’s degree Computer Science, or equivalent
• 5 years of experience in software engineering
• 4 years Java programming experience, including J2EE design and JSP
• 4 years Java experience working w/Web Application Servers
• 4+ years of experience working with Hibernate or other object/relational persistence and query services
• Experience with Spring
• Experience creating automated unit test cases using JUnit or TestNG
• Experience with Web-Service (REST) frameworks
• React or AngularJS 2. Not Angular 1.4. React is what they will be using so it is the most important of the 2.
• AWS will be a plus.
• Strong understanding of object-oriented design principles and patterns
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including meeting facilitation and presentation experience
• Ability to understand challenges or concerns, share ideas, and develop effective responses
• Ability to provide engineering task work effort estimates.
• Proven ability to work in a Test Driven Development manner
• Proven experience working for a consulting company.