Location: Beaverton, OR
Our client is one of the Industry leaders in the Electronic Freight Posting business. Your experience as a Business Analyst will be directly helping goods and products get transported all over the nation and beyond. This company truly values its employees and believes in strong work-life balance. They have a beautiful office specifically designed to be Agile/Scrum and collaboration friendly. If this is the kind of position and company you’d be interested in - please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We value and encourage diversity in the workplace and women, minorities, and veterans are highly encouraged to apply. Thank you.
Job Type: FTE
The Business Analyst is instrumental in bringing technical solutions to critical business challenges. Starting with defining, analyzing and documenting requirements. This position is responsible for effectively communicating the needs of the business to Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Agile teams and Engineering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include, but are not limited to, the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Analyzes business needs, documents requirements and translates needs into functional, non-functional user stories and/or technical specifications.
2. Delivers requirements, performs analysis, and evaluates downstream business, systems, process, and/or organizational impacts.
3. Plans and assists with oversight of testing processes and activities including defect identification and resolution.
4. Analyzes charts and/or diagrams of the problem to be programmed and defines system requirements in terms of system capabilities.
5. Develops or assists in the development of work plans, time schedules, and project task items and schedules and assists with estimating resource needs for analysts, programmers, user personnel, consultants, equipment, and prepares routine project status reports.
6. Assists in the development of project cost and benefit estimates to establish project worth including the development of alternative considerations. This will result in recommendations for the installation of new systems or equipment, or to change existing systems and equipment. 7. Extensive experience in creating UI Mockups.
8. Advises the appropriate people on the implications of existing IT systems that can be applied to a problem
9. Identifies risks and issues, and seeks approval on complex matters.
10. Checks, instructs, assigns work, and otherwise functionally directs technical staff in order to achieve desired end-results on complex problems.
11. Provides subject matter expert and operational support to internal business partners.
12. Performs all other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and / or Experience
· Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from a 4-year college or university plus a minimum of 4+ years of experience in business analysis and / or application development (an equivalent combination of education and experience is acceptable).
· 5+ years experience developing requirements and performing system analysis.
· 5+ years of major systems implementation experience.
· Knowledge of software development processes, quality assurance, and quality control techniques.
· Experience with Agile based projects with user story creation, project life cycle methodologies, metrics collection and analysis, and process development.
· Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and middleware systems strongly desired.
· Strong communications skills and collaborative work style a must.
1. Read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or technical procedures.
2. Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
3. Effectively present statistical and technical information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
4. Communicate effectively with both business and technical staff and convey complex ideas both verbally and in written form
Ability to work with mathematical concepts, such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and reach defensible conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with multiple abstract and concrete variables.
- Experience working with multi-tier systems development.
- Experience working with ERP or CRM system processes and activities.
- Experience with at least 5 of the following:
1. Business process design
2. Software development methodologies
3. Structured analysis and design
4. Business process modeling & analysis
5. Programming, data modeling
6. Strong understanding of impact analysis and effective program change control.
7. Knowledge of project management methods and practices.
8. Distributed systems design
- Experience in Design documentation deliverables, including, but are not limited to: process models, process decomposition diagrams, network architecture diagrams, data models, data flow diagrams, and entity relationship diagrams (logical and physical).
- Experience with Google Office (Sheets, Docs, Slides)
1. Experience with Siebel or Salesforce CRM systems
2. Experience with high transaction billing systems.
3. Experience in the freight or trucking industries.
4. Experience working within an Agile development environment.