Location: Beaverton, OR
Our client is one of the Industry leaders in the Electronic Freight Posting business. Your Product Management experience will be directly helping goods and products get transported all over the nation and beyond. This company truly values its employees and believes in strong work-life balance. They have a beautiful office specifically designed to be Agile/Scrum and collaboration friendly. If this is the kind of position and company you’d be interested in - please send your resume to email@example.com. We value and encourage diversity in the workplace and women, minorities, and veterans are highly encouraged to apply. Thank you.
Job Type: FTE
As Product Manager, you will guide a cross-functional team that is charged with a product innovation and extension. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products inside your vertical. Working with marketing, sales, and customers, you will be charged with expanding existing and new markets. The ideal candidate must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work with engineering counterparts to define product release requirements. You will work with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offerings and occasionally working with the sales channel and key customers.
- Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering and product launch teams.
- Introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales and marketing.
- Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
- Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- - Driving a solution set across development teams (primarily Development/Engineering, and Marketing Communications) through market requirements, product contract, and positioning.
- - Developing and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
- Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product.
- 5+ years professional experience in a product management ideally within a software as service business, or experience in multi-sided network dynamics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Marketing (MBA preferred).
- Direct experience with SaaS (cloud based )B2B services required; subscription services preferred.
- Experience in managing agile/scrum development processes and lean methodology.
- Experience in story mapping and feature prioritization techniques.
- Ability to demonstrate creative problem solving, thoughtful product scoping, and flexibility in a fast-moving environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with engineering, design and product marketing to set realistic goals and stay on track.
- Understanding of user experience design principles and customer-centric solutions development.