Location: Beaverton, OR
We are looking for a passionate, knowledgeable, and dedicated contractor to work for our client who is a leader in the audio industry. This company realizes that people are the most important asset. They create innovative, industry-leading products that are just plain cool. You've probably heard their products work wonders — in airports, arenas, courtrooms, Houses of Worship, theaters, universities, corporations, and conference centers. Around the world, around the clock, their equipment is delivering, managing and enhancing the sound. If you’re seeking a dynamic and engaging workplace, this is where you belong. If you’re interested in this role, please do submit your resume to email@example.com. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: Contract
The Application Program Interface (API) Software Development Engineer, who will be located in Beaverton, OR, is responsible for developing C# .NET code to implement business logic that front-end web clients will depend on. In addition to development skills, general engineering and team work skills are highly required.
- Write server-side software using the C# .NET stack.
- Collaborate with members to develop effective APIs and client interfaces for system data.
- Stay current on new technologies and advise team members as to appropriate use and trade offs.
- Research external APIs and integrate with systems.
- Write clear documentation.
- Work effectively with a small team.
- Fix defects discovered during the development process.
- Other duties as assigned by your Supervisor.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of experience, knowledge and skills:
- 3 years professional software development experience.
- Strong Collaboration Skills as well as strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and driven for success, though also able to take direction.
- BSCS, BSCE, BSEE or equivalent professional experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- C# programming language.
- Understanding of client-server interactions and theory.
- Methodical approach to problem solving with careful attention to details.
- Able to juggle multiple responsibilities concurrently while continuing to meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with .NET Core 2 or Web API 2 preferred.
- Understanding of .NET API libraries and experience building systems around preferred.