Location: Beaverton, OR
Our client is one of the industry leaders in the Electronic Freight Matching Business. Your experience as an Information Security Engineer will be directly helping goods and products get transported all over the nation and beyond. You would be working with a bunch of very sharp people who are empowered by management. They have a beautiful office specifically designed to be collaboration friendly. If this is the kind of position and company you’d be interested in - please send your resume to email@example.com. We value and encourage diversity in the workplace and women, minorities, and veterans are highly encouraged to apply. Thank you.
Job Type: FTE
Our client is currently looking for a passionate go-getter individual to join their growing System Operations Engineering team and drive the evolution of our technology infrastructure. Supporting customer facing products and services you will have the opportunity to work in a fast paced environment and be a change agent. Candidates should have a strong background in Windows and Linux administration, enterprise monitoring and incident management, network fundamentals, architecture and infrastructure in a hybrid datacenter environment. They are expected to bring a positive, continual-improvement focused mindset and be ready to take on a variety of projects and interface with all parts of the business. You should possess a strong understanding of datacenter infrastructure, enterprise operating systems, tools and techniques for supporting web based applications and the software development lifecycle. This is a technical position with a focus on infrastructure projects and includes support and monitoring duties.
Responsibilities and Duties System
Operations staff are responsible for:
• Technical and strategic project work focused on improvements to our infrastructure in a variety of Operational areas including monitoring tools, process automation, storage management, virtualization hosts, and incident management processes and procedures
• Data-driven measurement, optimization and tuning of critical infrastructure
• Providing technical leadership and expertise over projects and processes for the Operations group
• Responding to infrastructure incidents and providing rapid first response according to our incident management protocol
• Monitoring infrastructure health with a variety of tools, including Zabbix, New Relic and Observium
• Review, evaluate and provide recommendations on policies and procedures
• Developing and maintaining comprehensive documentation for hardware and software in our environment
Qualifications and Skills
• Bachelors Degree or higher, Technology/Computer Science preferred
• IT Certifications (CompTIA A+, Linux+, Security+, AWS, Cisco) preferred
• 3 years Enterprise IT Experience minimum • Strong background in Windows and Linux administration (3+ years)
• Experience with Virtualization technologies such as VMWare, OpenStack, etc.
• Experience with Storage administration.
• Experience with infrastructure management/automation tools like Ansible, Puppet/Chef
• Strong verbal and text-based communication skills
• 1+ years Incident Management experience
• 1+ years Infrastructure Monitoring Experience
• Scripting experience (Bash, Python, JS, IOS) preferred