Location: Beaverton, OR
Our client is one of the local leaders in the Software Consulting business. Your experience as a Scrum Master will be directly helping a major local company achieve and complete their software initiatives. If working in a consultative/agency organization helping to complete projects and creating custom software solutions excites you, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We value and encourage diversity in the workplace and women, minorities, and veterans are highly encouraged to apply. Thank you.
· Kick Ass Scrum Master
· Someone who won't take BS
· Servant Leader
· Understands how to remove impediments
· Understands hierarchy and can escalate
· Can tell team no
· Can dig into stories but knows they don't own the stories
· Represent the team in PI planning
More of what we seek:
· Capable of being a Scrum Master for development of enterprise applications for one or more scrum teams with a focus on guiding the teams by implementing effective agile disciplinary practices and ensure cross team coordination to ensure delivery with a sustainable cadence.
· Supports the team to develop user stories for a successful product definition and to manage the backlog and guide the team while facilitating focus with respect to priorities and scope.
· Assist with User stores and requirements in sufficient detail to ensure product delivery consistent with target personas and expectations.
· Work closely with all stakeholders to identify and adjust requirements based on technical feedback, prioritize requirements, and manage changing priorities.
· Participate in scrum ceremonies such as Sprint Planning, Daily Stand up, Sprint Demo, Sprint Retrospective and backlog refinement meetings as needed.
· Able to guide development teams through leadership and mentoring, by encouraging support and guide continuous improvement of the team, its products, and processes. Help protect the team from uncontrolled injection of work.
· Communicate with management and outside stakeholders. Provide written and verbal reporting to internal and external stakeholders on project status, including progress against plan, issue tracking and risk mitigation.
Required Skills and Qualifications
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
· 2-5 years experience working as a Scrum Master or equivalent work experience
· Experience working in a scrum/agile environment
· Understanding of software design principles, tools and technologies
· Outstanding interpersonal and written communication skills
· Commitment to ongoing professional development and learning
· High productivity and effective time management
Those that tend to do well here
· Work well in team-oriented environments and enjoy collaboration
· Are good at “figuring stuff out” when everything is not well explained or known
· Understand who to ask and what to ask
· Self starters who take the initiative