Location: Portland, OR: USA
Our client is looking for a Software Test Engineer and this position will contribute to writing verification protocols (test cases), along with translating technical product specifications into effective verification protocols that exercise the product and provide objective evidence of its proper functioning. This position will also involve a significant amount of manual ad-hoc, creative testing of the product prior to release. If this sounds like the challenge you seek - please send your resume to email@example.com. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: Contract to Hire
Founded in 1999, we provide continuous glucose monitoring technology to help patients and their clinicians better manage diabetes. Since our inception, we have focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions for people with diabetes - while empowering our community to take control of diabetes.
The Software Test Engineer validates software products through the use of systematic tests to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards for company products including firmware, apps, and server platform. Develops, modifies, and executes software test plans and test protocols and automated test scripts, and performs risk assessments. Maintains documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software. Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action. Consults with software development engineers in resolution of problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in scrum meetings.
- Drive efficiencies to improve process and technical implementations.
- Provide task durations for software test activities to project management for incorporation into project schedules.
- Participate in software requirements and design reviews.
- Review software requirements and design specifications.
- Create software verification plans, test protocols, and software risk analyses, for software used in commercial products.
- Validate the configuration, functionality, and user interface of software and tools.
- Design, develop, execute, and maintain automated and manual tests.
- Execute software verification plans and test protocols.
- Record and track issues in the bug tracking system.
- Analyze failures and collaborate with Software Engineers to ensure root cause is investigated.
- Create requirements traceability matrices which demonstrate test coverage of all features.
- Write test reports documenting detailed results of validation, and report test progress to management.
- Follow internal software development, cybersecurity, and validation procedures that comply with medical and security regulations.
- Modify test protocols based on requirements changes and execute regression validation accordingly.
- Work in close collaboration with software developers and other test engineers to produce high quality product.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering, or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience, along with knowledge & understanding of automation.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience validating and verifying software.
- Experience in software testing and related areas of software quality assurance.
- Understanding of good software development and testing practices.
- Excellent oral communication skills for interfacing with peers in other departments.
- Strong written skills and ability to follow software procedures and generate required software documentation.
- Software development or test experience in medical device industry is a plus.
- Firmware testing experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with Selenium, Appium or NUnit is a plus.
- Knowledge of server communications between mobile apps is a plus.
- Knowledge of Android and/or iOS devices, including debugging, installation, and configuration is a plus.