Location: Lake Oswego, OR
This private organization is a pioneer in the embedded medical device industry, dedicated to the design and construction of implantable medical devices for cardiac rhythm management. With 30 years of experience, their success is based on strong core values – innovation, excellence and reliability, inspiring confidence and trust in doctors and patients the world over. Do you desire to work for an organization where you can feel good creating something that literally gives life to others? Please send your resume to email@example.com. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: FTE
We are looking for an experienced Mobile Engineer with a background in Cyber Security to join our team. This is a new role for our organization and right individual will be a motivated and energetic engineer who takes initiative, enjoys finding solutions to a varying number of cyber security challenges, is detail-oriented, takes extreme pride in their work, and is able to lead and coordinate others that are outside of the department.
* This is a subject matter expert position in cybersecurity for the team responsible for mobile application development.
* Leverage your knowledge and work experience to the development of mobile applications.
* Serve as the lead point of contact for mobile application development cybersecurity related topics – including design and creation across Multiple platforms.
* Lead the creation and maintenance of security documentation and configuration practices for the group.
* Collaborate with fellow engineers on secure development techniques.
* Assist in organizational security assessments and defining secure processes.
* Participate in the strategic design process to translate security and business requirements into technical designs.
* Maintain awareness of cyber trends, threats, and vulnerabilities.
* Participate in security related requirements analysis, definition, and refinement.
* Collaborate with other developers on code review, analyzing and fixing defects.
* Conduct incident/event investigation and analysis.
* Test mobile applications to find weaknesses.
* Install, configure, deploy, integrate, operate and maintain applicable security toolsets.
* Support security assessments.
* Monitor and process response for security events.
* Stay current with, and remain knowledgeable, about new threats.
* Analyze attacker tactics, techniques and procedures from security events.
* Conduct cyber investigations as events are escalated, including triage, remediation and documentation.
* Provide training and support to other engineers in the group.
* Collaborate with the overall organization’s Cybersecurity team.
* Strong attention to writing Quality Code and can help peers do likewise.
* Can help with Code Reviews and other Quality Code techniques like Unit Testing & Test Driven Development.
* Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
* Minimum of 5 years in cybersecurity role
* Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, MIS or a similar field from an accredited university.
* Must have hands on coding experience in C#, C++ or Java.
* Experience with cross platform Mobile Development tools – like Xamarin.
* Must have experience in mobile application development.
* Must have security certification (CISSP / CISM / SANS / C|EH / CompTIA Security + / other)
* Demonstrated experience in writing security requirements, security design and implementation
* Demonstrated knowledge of common vulnerability classes and common cybersecurity test strategies
* Ideal candidate will have experience with 1 or more of the following:
* * Experience with intrusion detection systems
* * Fuzz Testing
* * Data analysis - problem solving and ability to make decisions based on raw data
* * Mobile app security
* Excellent in communicating business risk from cybersecurity issues
* Analytical and problem-solving mindset, leveraging strategic and tactical thinking.
* Demonstrates effective decision-making skills.
* Demonstrated effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.