Location: Beaverton, OR
Our client is one of the Industry leaders in the Electronic Freight Posting business. Your Mobile Android experience will be directly helping goods and products get transported all over the nation and beyond. This company truly values its employees, and believes in strong work-life balance. They have a beautiful office specifically designed to be Agile/Scrum and collaboration-friendly. If this is the kind of position and company you’d be interested in - please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you.
Job Type: FTE
We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter with excellent communication skills, and the ability to successfully interact with fellow development team members and project managers on a daily basis. This person will participate in the architecture, design, development, and support of a suite of mobile products. Candidates should have experience developing applications in Android, and experience writing/consuming REST APIs.
- Designing and developing Android applications, and contributing to the development of REST APIs.
- Participating in task estimation, design, and code reviews.
- Reporting progress to technical leads and project managers.
- Helping the team develop software that is reliable, scalable and testable.
- Collaborating with Quality Assurance.
- Championing product improvements.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 2 years working in the Android platform (Java and/or Kotlin), and related development tools (Android Studio, Gradle, Git, etc).
- Ideally 4-5 years overall experience in software development
- Solid understanding of software design principles and patterns, and experience applying them
- Experience writing unit, integration, and functional tests.
- Knowledge of Scrum/Agile SDLC and test-driven development practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- A passion for high quality results and commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Ability to effectively communicate status to technical leads and project managers.
Experience or interest in the following is a plus
- Material Design Guidelines
- Test automation
- JIRA or other bug tracking systems
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Providing technical leadership, mentoring and direction to other team members